PDA

View Full Version : Tuff cam

miss mopple
12-10-2008, 07:28 AM
I borrowed one from our toy library and the older kids loved it over the hols.

Went into a local shop yesterday and they had a different make, but basically a kids camcorder that also takes stills down from £69.99 to £34.99

resisted the urge to splash out but am now beginning to wonder if I should go back tomorrow and snap it up.

Anyone got one? Does it get used much?

miffy
12-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Can't help you - sounds great though

I can feel your resistance crumbling :laughing:

Miffy xx

crazybones
12-10-2008, 07:33 AM
We have a grant to claim next year cant remember the title but basically its outdoor ITC for EYFS and they have suggested we use it to get digital cameras for the child so they can take their own pics and immediately see the results on the screen. So I would say go for it. :thumbsup:

manjay
12-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I saw and advert for this one the other day and thought t may be a good idea

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=50968797

crazybones
12-10-2008, 08:12 AM

I am getting Will one of them for his birthday or Christmas (only a couple of days apart :rolleyes: ) but when my Quality worker came to discuss the grant with me she suggested that we should get them "proper" digital cameras as the screen on the back of these is very small for them to view their photo's. I had a look yesterday and it is quite small.

manjay
12-10-2008, 08:20 AM
I am getting Will one of them for his birthday or Christmas (only a couple of days apart :rolleyes: ) but when my Quality worker came to discuss the grant with me she suggested that we should get them "proper" digital cameras as the screen on the back of these is very small for them to view their photo's. I had a look yesterday and it is quite small.

I haven't looked "in the flesh" so to speak I just wondered whether they would be easier to use. Both DD's had proper ones for their birthdays this year but they have so many buttons on I am not sure the littles would be able to use it very easily.

crazybones
12-10-2008, 09:02 AM
I said that to the woman and her answer was that we are not really teaching them how to use a proper camera if all they have to do is point and press. I said yes but mine are 14 months and 19 months and maybe by the time they are 3, I could offer a proper camera but at the age they are now its bit much. I will definitely get one for Will but if they give me a grant and want "proper" cameras I wont argue - I'll have anything for nothing. :laughing:

hello kitty
12-10-2008, 09:16 AM

I looked at this one on Amazon but the customer reviews weren't very good. I want one but not sure what to go for. I don't want to pay a fortune either.

louise
12-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I got the little tikes one last year for my son for xmas. I decided to try it out before we gave it to him. Im glad we did. I tried to take a pic of the cat for him and the cat had moved so far away by the time the pic had been taken you just saw floor! The screen wasn't very great either. Most reveiws ive read haven't been that great on any off them. We changed our camera this year so ds and mindee now use our old one. When this one breaks i will just get a cheap normal one. The camera has been left where they can get it and they love using it. My ds loves taking pics of himself and is getting really good.

Loux