PDA

View Full Version : When?

Hebs
11-10-2008, 05:34 PM
did you start advertising your childminding services??

Pudding Girl
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
not till I was in possession of my certificate, it took so blooming long almost 12m!! and I didn't want calls before I knew I had it and could take retainers/deposits etc.

Rubybubbles
11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
As soon as, better to have number to say it's here when do you need me:D

BUt I'm on an RAF camp and there is always a demand fro childminders

manjay
11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I didn't do any formal advertising (still haven't:rolleyes: ) as my reg also took a very long time BUT I did let everyone who I spoke to know what I was doing.

Hebs
11-10-2008, 08:22 PM
i have kids waiting for me to qualify (as i'm willing to do late nights AND weekends)

2 before/after school pick up's (and hols) and 1 full timer :clapping:

FizzysFriends
12-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I started when I called ofsted and they said all the checks are back they are just waiting for the cert to be printed.

Still haven't had an enquiry yet

singlewiththree
12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm on the ICP course and I'm advertising already. I've had business cards printed which I have given out to people in the playground at school and put on my carboot table! Then I've done a website and put a link to it on netmums. I have also purchased a car magnet but havent put it on yet, I want to get a bit nearer the goal. I finish my first aid in 2 weeks so then I can actually send the application form off

go for it!
Paula

Hebs
12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Paula, i think i'm at the same stage as you!!!

i have 2 more nights on the ICP course, first aid starts next week for 2 weeks

so will be ready to send things off to Ofsted in 3 weeks :clapping:

i too have business cards and a website, and i'm waiting to order a magnet for my car however i do have 2 car stickers should i put them on now???

angeldelight
13-10-2008, 06:35 AM
I would put the car stickers up yes

Sometimes you dont get calls for a while so best to start advertising sooner rather than later

Good luck

Angel xx

Mollymop
13-10-2008, 10:34 AM
I starting advertising after my pre-reg inspection. As long as you make people aware that you are registering it is ok. I advertised on Netmums first.

samgeordie
13-10-2008, 10:58 AM
once i was registered, i got myself on the CIS website, netmums, and had other childminders keeping their ears open too. I was working so had to make sure i had a couple of mindees in place before i could hand my notice in, its all worked out fine so far though.