PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Needs help with fees please

kooger21
16-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi I’m a newly qualified paediatric nurse, I have been police checked and have all the necessary papers etc, at the moment it’s hard to find a job, so thought child minding in my own house might be a good way to earn some income. I live in Suffolk which is in East Anglia but I haven’t a clue about how much I should think about charging? So if some people could give me some ideas that would be great. I would also like to know the best places to advertises my childminding services? Thanks

berkschick
16-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi,

You need to be registered with OFSTED to be a childminder.

The first place to call, is your local childrens information service who will tell you when the next pre-registration course is.

Good luck

Love

Debbie

ma7ie
16-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi

If you look on the following website under your region, you will be able to find out what other childminders are charging in your area.

http://www.*************.gov.uk/index.asp

Marie x

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 05:11 PM
yes you have to be registered with OFSTED you cant just look after children legally without been registered.

if you make contact with your local council they will point you in the right direction

good luck

xxx

kooger21
16-01-2008, 05:13 PM
sorry i forgot to say i am already registered, just looking to find out what fees i should be charging, thank you all in advance for all your help :-)

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 05:32 PM
ok, the best way is to find out who minds in your area and find out what they are charging, your local CIS may know what other minders in the area charge, good luck with everything xxx

angeldelight
16-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Good luck

Angel xx

Blaze
16-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Nothing to add..it's all been said...Good Luck!
Tasha:)

Banana
17-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Did you do the DHC at the same time as your nursing degree? You should check out the CIS for prices in your area. thats the best place to start

x