PDA

View Full Version : Ohh..I'm sorry i forgot..i'll have to pay u tomorrow

twise
10-10-2008, 02:53 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: if I hear that one more time this week i am going to combust.

Do parents think i have an endless pit of money and that paying me one or two days late is acceptable!!

When i worked in 9- 5 in the '"easy have my evenings and weekends free world" i was paid on time all the time...These parents drive me nuts.

I charge them late payment fees and its like water off a ducks back..i try and explain that payment is due and late payment puts me out of pocket and they say oh yes i'm sorry but it will have to be tomorrow i can't get to the bank or its not giving out money....:censored: :censored: :censored:

Moan over...please tell me i'm not the only one

tracy

miffy
10-10-2008, 02:59 PM
No you're not the only one and it is really annoying.

Change your payment system and get money (preferably a month) in advance - no cash no childcare.

Miffy xx

kiddiwinks
10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
No your not the only one, i am really annoyed also looked after 4 children this week without payment i have worked all week for no money so far, Payment surposed to be on a monday at start of week. The one said pay me tonight about 8.30 the other sat and the other monday. i have had 1 for 6 weeks and never paid me on time yet.

sarah707
10-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I just have one at the moment who is a pain... the rest are great bless them!

I think payment in advance is the way to go... try 2 weeks if one doesn't work :D

marian
10-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I know - it is so annoying and how come no matter where we are in the country, we all know or have parents who are rubbish at paying:panic:
When I used childcare I would make sure I paid on time - wrote the cheque out the night before etc. Packed their bag with nappies, spare clothes etc.
Mind you I have parents who just send the child as they are!:( No bag, nothing!
Marian x

abba1772
10-10-2008, 06:30 PM
i have that but i now text them if they haven't paid me in the morning i have the kids and remind them that no payment equals no childcare and i haven't had a non-payment yet since i started childminding since May when we moved from Scotland

Pudding Girl
10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I have a thing like this going on myself.:panic: got a thread in problems, you have my sympathy, roll on tesco delivery and the wine!!

I thought it had been said here that you can't refuse care though? getting confused at different answers now!

Chimps Childminding
10-10-2008, 06:34 PM
It happens to me all the time by one parent - they are a lovely family, live across the road, but never think to pop the money over it only ever comes on the 2 days i have the lo and never at the end of the week that it relates to, usually 2 or 3 weeks later.

On the plus side, I have been minding for them for 8+ years and have always got the money eventually!!!!!!!!:D

oneofeach
10-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I have a thing like this going on myself.:panic: got a thread in problems, you have my sympathy, roll on tesco delivery and the wine!!

I thought it had been said here that you can't refuse care though? getting confused at different answers now!

Tell Tesco you need the wine now but can you pay next week:D

Pudding Girl
10-10-2008, 07:04 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: LMAO!!!!

wendywu
10-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Sorry to say this but my parents always pay on time.:)

loocyloo
10-10-2008, 08:38 PM
i charge in advance and state i charge late fees if not recieved by the ifrst of the month for that that months childcare!

seems to work, i have a couple of families, who by agreement pay me on the first, online, so i see the money is there, its just not available! in fact, i ask everyone to pay online! i have one set of parents though who give me 2 cheques every month, fees split between them, always dated first of month! so have to make special trip to bank that day!!!

although, fed up with a parent who has left; they needed to pay one weeks fees as 4 weeks paid notice ( although child didn't come! after schooler-too grown up now!!! ) they eventually paid me yesterday!!! and not the 2 1/2hrs owed, just 1 hr!!! depsite being invoiced for the full amount, and reminded by email last week!!!! i was going to chase it, but actually, i am so pleased not to be involved with this family anymore ( just an 'odd' family - dealt with the for 3 years...still 'odd'!!!) i can't be bothered and am letting it go!!!

i think parents are the same everywhere! some are great and some are not!

loocyloo x

twise
10-10-2008, 09:32 PM
i'm glad its not just me...i think i need to be a bit firmer with a couple of them ..there is one in particular who i allow payment two weeks in arrears (due to her financial position) however i do think sometime give an inch and all that:mad:

i'll learn one day;)

tracy

angeldelight
10-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Poor you Tracy

I know how you feel though but ive had to get tough and although some drop that many hints and make me feel guilty I still make them pay in advance

You would not believe some of the excuses that I have had in the past

Hope you get them all sorted soon

Angel xx

Helpinghands
11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Tell me about it! My first parent didn't listen to a word I said most the time....6 weeks on and she still owes me money!!!!

I told her at the beginning, payment is every friday, I never once got it on a friday and in the end stopped asking.

Don't know about you but I sometimes feel like I'm asking for a kidney at times!!!

devoncm
11-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I have to say all the parents had so far have all paid on time-or when they said they will pay, one pays for month by cheque on 1st and another pays by cheque end of each wk for following weeek, i did have one who paid cash first at every pick up as was easiest for her then at end of every week in arrears but she did always pay,never had a prob with it tbh (touch wood).

Alibali
11-10-2008, 09:06 AM
I've got a few!! However I also have one mum who wrote me a cheque while she was in labour-a week before payment was due-just incase she forgot once the baby came and things got hectic!! How lovely is that?

PixiePetal
11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
My parents are all great at the moment.

I have one who picks up a couple of sausage rolls for me and ds from the butcher by her house most weeks. ( they are the best and I don't get that way often !) Have offered to pay but they are my little extra cos they appreciate me ! Very sweet.

Of course, I have had a few nightmares with payments in my time though, happens to us all.

Jen:)

miss muffit
11-10-2008, 09:16 AM
I have had this problem in the past,

but on the whole most of my parents are pretty good

I have in the past asked for it tho, which is very embarrassing :blush:

As you say charging a late payment fee, some are not really that bothered

and pay up with late payment.

Its another difficult one,

Just take a deep breath and ask for it....after all you have earned it

crazybones
11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
All my new parents pay in advance - very few problems with them as 2 are vouchers and the other gives me cash.

My older parents who used to pay in arrear and are now only coming back for holiday care as and when have had the following message in their newsletters

"Due to new guidelines from my insurance company and the NCMA payment is now in advance to clear by the first day of minding. Cheques and vouchers are not accepted unless cleared by the first day of minding."

I blame lots of things on my insurance, NCMA or EYFS. None of them have questioned it. :o

Chatterbox Childcare
11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
I think everyone has one of these once in a while.

This week mine was 3 days late and I asked and got the same answer but the following week it was 2 days early with a great note inside saying "thank you for helping me and for being there for my boys" so I was gushing.

Makes the job worrthwhile when they say thank you once in a while too

Heaven Scent
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm with you Annie I have begun to blame all sorts on insurance NCMA and EYFS I also include such things as "it is now a criminal offence for me to allow/administer etc etc and when they bring it up I just raise my eyebrows and say some people moan that we live in a Nanny State - I think its more of a Police State - has worked every time up until now.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And I am definately going to use the one about Insurance stating that it must be paid on 1st day or cheque cleared by 1st day as I hate cheques cause I just find it so difficult to get into town with mindees to lodge them and Stingy mum is now always really late with her payments.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm with you Annie I have begun to blame all sorts on insurance NCMA and EYFS I also include such things as "it is now a criminal offence for me to allow/administer etc etc and when they bring it up I just raise my eyebrows and say some people moan that we live in a Nanny State - I think its more of a Police State - has worked every time up until now.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And I am definately going to use the one about Insurance stating that it must be paid on 1st day or cheque cleared by 1st day as I hate cheques cause I just find it so difficult to get into town with mindees to lodge them and Stingy mum is now always really late with her payments.

Don't forget that the post office takes cheques and cash for Barclays and Lloyds Banks

Gherkin
12-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh I so know how you feel.

This month I had one parent pay me on the 1st (when they were meant to) another paid me on the 8th and then another on the 10th:eek: is it any wonder that from here on in I am going to charge £25 for a late payment fee. My bank is over the moon of course as it means that they can charge me lots of money in fees!

I feel that parents look at childminders and go right well they work at home so they can't really need the money and they are not really a business so I wioll pay them whenever! I have had some very evil thoughts towards some of my parents over the last week:littleangel:

Chimps Childminding
12-10-2008, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=cj1973;247490]Oh I so know how you feel.

I feel that parents look at childminders and go right well they work at home so they can't really need the money and they are not really a business so I wioll pay them whenever! I have had some very evil thoughts towards some of my parents over the last week:littleangel:[/QUOTE

Know that feeling well!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

twise
13-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I can't beleive it...the parent they still haven't paid this morning!

When i asked if they had payment they just looked at me and said oh I knew there was something......how can you forget to pay someone over £600:angry: :angry: :angry:

Give me strength!!!!

Tracy

emma04
13-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I know - it is so annoying and how come no matter where we are in the country, we all know or have parents who are rubbish at paying:panic:
When I used childcare I would make sure I paid on time - wrote the cheque out the night before etc. Packed their bag with nappies, spare clothes etc.
Mind you I have parents who just send the child as they are!:( No bag, nothing!
Marian x

I charge 4 weeks in advance and still get late payments....but did scare the last parents who decided to pay late, by advising them that i would speak to tax credits............obviously claiming childcare costs for more than i charge!!!!! payment arrived that evening IN CASH!!:clapping:

Oh and i have 2 x 17 mnth old babies (totally different families) who regularly arrive with no bag, no shoes (or one shoe!), no coat and no hat or gloves for a frosty morning! good job i've got my daughtes old stuff that i keep for spares eh!! Absloutely Shocking!!!:panic:

butterfly
14-10-2008, 03:30 PM
this is what is happening to me!! the first couple of weeks all six sets of parents paid on the first day of minding for the week. now four weeks later I can get to Thursday and not have payment from anyone!! It's only a couple of days and noone (yet!) has gone over the weekend withou paying but I can see it going further downhill!! I'm going to put a polite reminder in my newsletter!!

finbob
14-10-2008, 08:01 PM
ive had one pay me weeks late her daughter used to come with fancy food in her lunch bag and i couldnt afford that for my own i tried charging her extra but that didnt work then i threatened to end the contract that worked a little while then on the 3rd time she promised me the money on fri i was happy with that we planned on taking our kids out for tea i strolled up to her in the playground expecting my payment and she said oh i have a bit of a problem. But the funny thing is she just paid for a trip of over £100 ofor her daughter to go on a trip so what is fair there we sacrifice my well earned money to go out for a family meal and her daughter goes on a trip. i wont tell you how angry i was.:angry: :angry: