PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

katickles
16-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I have only just had my certificate through & so far have a baby booked for sept 1st. Baby will be aprox 4months at this point. (I'll call this b1)

Today i had a call from a lady who was interested in me taking on her baby (b2) who will be 10months when the other baby starts. This lady also has another child 4 1/2 who goes to school i think that child would be a school pick up.

Anyway i have rang ofsted to see if it would be at all possible for me to have 2 babies under 1 & have been told to write a letter for a variation request. I need to include a risk assesment as to how i will care for both babies & why i think i can cope!!

I also have my daughter who will be 18 months in september.

Can anyone give me any advice so that i can make my letter sound like i know what i'm on about:panic:

Hope my notes make sense!!:laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 04:10 PM
your mad !!!!! LOL

only joking if you can cope then go for it but it would be hard work with 3 children under 2 and a schooly too, you would need triple buggy for school runs etc, dont rush into anything seriously think about it first xxx

Rubybubbles
16-01-2008, 05:46 PM
your mad !!!!! LOL

only joking if you can cope then go for it but it would be hard work with 3 children under 2 and a schooly too, you would need triple buggy for school runs etc, dont rush into anything seriously think about it first xxx

I agreee with susan TBH don't rush into something to please everyone, with so much interest already I'm sure you'll fill the space having a 4 month and 10 month will be hard work, I wouldn't do it! Spec not with my own at 18 months (huge age for jealousy anyway:eek: !!)

Hope you sort it out, but it's up to you I;m not trying to put you off just maybe help you understand why I think you'd be mad:laughing:

xx

angeldelight
16-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Agree with the others think about it all first

Good luck whatever you decide though

Angel xx

katickles
16-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah guess so. I understand what your all saying.
I will have a good think about it & hopefully:panic: i'll get some more call in the meanwhile:clapping:

littlesprogs
16-01-2008, 06:30 PM
The baby that will be 4 months old in september obviously isnt even born yet so anything can happen! I would wait to apply for the variation until this baby is born. We were warned about this at our ICP course imagine how you would feel if something happened to the baby eg it was stilborn.

I would serously think about this before agreeing to anything with the parent

Louise x

manjay
16-01-2008, 06:38 PM
NCMA advice is not to accept retainer fees until baby is born

amanda xx

jo f
16-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I on some days have tow toddlers and a six month old, then an after school pick up. THe school is within walking distance- I don't drive. I've got a double buggy and walking one toddler on reigns on the way there then swapping the toddlers on the way back. So far it has been fine, took a while but hey! My worry is come rain hail or shine we will have to go. I try and arrange sleep times, bottles, nappies around this time. I'ts fun! I can't get a tripple buggy as they are monstrous, can't get it out of my gate or into school playground. Not meant to use buggy boards on double buggy.
I'm whittering on now, my point is its fun juggling things, your day goes quick, and you are ready for bed at night. BUT ITS FAB!!!!!:thumbsup:

katickles
17-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I on some days have tow toddlers and a six month old, then an after school pick up. THe school is within walking distance- I don't drive. I've got a double buggy and walking one toddler on reigns on the way there then swapping the toddlers on the way back. So far it has been fine, took a while but hey! My worry is come rain hail or shine we will have to go. I try and arrange sleep times, bottles, nappies around this time. I'ts fun! I can't get a tripple buggy as they are monstrous, can't get it out of my gate or into school playground. Not meant to use buggy boards on double buggy.
I'm whittering on now, my point is its fun juggling things, your day goes quick, and you are ready for bed at night. BUT ITS FAB!!!!!:thumbsup:

Oh thanks for that!:thumbsup: Good to know but have thought about it & decided that I don't think I could offer each of the children as much care & attention as they will need. Been out today with my daughter (10mths) & a friends little baby (5mths). I kept thinking what it would be like with a 18 month as well!!!!! Yeah don't think i'll go there just yet!!!:laughing:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I look after 3 under 2 and I can tell you it is really hard work it is not everyday but I am normally shattered the days I do have all three.

Glad you have decided to see if you get anymore calls first.

Good luck.

Lorraine xx

Banana
17-01-2008, 07:23 PM
I've got a 3 year old, 2 year old, 2 1 year olds and an 8 month old. sepearate days obviously. Give me the toddlers/preschoolers anyday. I've always got 3 on each day but the days I have the baby with 2 others are a nightmare, The baby takes up all of my time and the sheer thought of another under one would have me running as far away as possible. The days I have 3 toddlers are a piece of cake, I agree with whats been said about seriously thinking about having 2 under 1. If you feel it is the right thing to do though then go for it.

Good luck and let us know what you decide

xx