PDA

View Full Version : need help fees!

jellytot
10-10-2008, 10:24 AM
i moved areas in Jan but have only recently got talking to other minders in the area. we only moved about 10 min drive away. anyway i put my fees up last yr with other minders in my old area (most of my mindees are from there as they all moved with me) but while talking to new minder friends i found out they charge 50p ph more than me, but i do charge for snacks etc whereas they dont. now would i be seen as undercutting them but i dont want to land a fee increase on parents again so soon.

what do i do as i dont want to tread on anyones toes.

sarah707
10-10-2008, 10:29 AM
If you are happy with what you are earning, I'd leave it til April or whenever you do your annual fees increase.

In the meantime, any newbies get charged the area's going rate :D

HFC
10-10-2008, 10:31 AM
If you are happy with what you are earning, I'd leave it til April or whenever you do your annual fees increase.

In the meantime, any newbies get charged the area's going rate :D

I agree with that. Its not fair on the parents who stuck with you if you increase their fees just because you have moved house. Any newbies could be charged higher and the rest brought in line next year.

jellytot
10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
my problem also being that all my mindees except 1 are from old area, so at the moment i am charging at the same rate as parents local minders, but when i put fees up i will be charging more than their local minders, i will just have to hope the parents are happy enough with me to pay the extra and not move to a local and cheaper minder.

HFC
10-10-2008, 10:39 AM
my problem also being that all my mindees except 1 are from old area, so at the moment i am charging at the same rate as parents local minders, but when i put fees up i will be charging more than their local minders, i will just have to hope the parents are happy enough with me to pay the extra and not move to a local and cheaper minder.

Maybe the parents local minders will increase too though if you leave it until next year. Maybe do it in increments, 25p in April and 25p in October or something like that? They thought you were good enough to move with so I wouldn't worry too much.

tinkerbelle
10-10-2008, 10:59 AM
i charge the most in my area but ive attended a number of courses and have 3 nvq level 3 in childcare qualifications and the ncma quality first level 3 award im also doing a foundation degree through ou the other minders in my area cant be bothered (their words not mine) to get qualified so i feel im justified in charging extra
if your parents are hapy with what your charging and continued to use you when you moved they should be fine with the increase etc