PDA

View Full Version : SIBLINGS

twise
16-01-2008, 03:06 PM
I have just had a call from someone who has two children 5 and 7 and would like me to have them from 3.15 until 6.30. When it comes to siblings what do you do about discounts...my fees are currently £5.50 per hour.

I've just done a large marketing campaign in the local schools, putting an A5 flier in all the book bags, so I've started to get a few calls and i'm sure what to charge for these two without feeling out of pocket

Any advice would be gratefully received:huh:

Tracy

angeldelight
16-01-2008, 04:05 PM
It is your business Tracy so it is up to you

I charge a pound less per hour for the second child but I know a lot offer no discount at all

You have to do what is best for yourself

Hopefully the others will give you different ideas too

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 04:08 PM
what ever you are happy with Tracy, everyone is different, maybe have a look at what others in your area charge, you are in London arent you ?

You could maybe do the 2 children for £10 per hour thats a £1 an hour discount and still good money :panic:

twise
16-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks...i've phoned her back and said £10p hour for the two ( thinking that she would try and negotiate.... and she was delighted !!! she had previously been quoted £13.00 ph.

I dunno still seems like a lot of money but hey if she's willing to pay:clapping:

Tracy

angeldelight
16-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Well done that is great

Good luck hope you get the job let us know how it goes

Angel xx

manjay
16-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't do discount for siblings. My theory is they are still taking one of my spaces so would charge the same for both.

Sounds like she was happy with what you quoted so good luck!!

amanda xx

berkschick
16-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Snap Amanda!

I only have so many places so they all cose the same no matter who fills them.

Well done on getting 2 new mindees Tracy,

Love

Debbie

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks...i've phoned her back and said £10p hour for the two ( thinking that she would try and negotiate.... and she was delighted !!! she had previously been quoted £13.00 ph.

I dunno still seems like a lot of money but hey if she's willing to pay:clapping:

Tracy

thats great well done, how may days a week ?

thats just over £30 a day xxx

twise
16-01-2008, 05:08 PM
4 days a week

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 05:10 PM
4 days a week

thats about £130 a week for 12 hours work well done, £520 a month........

WELL DONE Wish I could get away with charging £5 an hour.... but im not in London I think thats a fai price for where you are

xxx

ajs
16-01-2008, 08:01 PM
my mother pays her cleaner £8,50 in london but thinks that my brother is mad as they pay their childminder £6.50 ph

smartypants
16-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Well done you :thumbsup:

I charge 60p less for siblings, younger ones pay for the higher price as there are the last to go Lol...

Good luck Hun

Rasharoon
17-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Wow - when I saw you charge £5.50 an hour - my thoughts were "I wish". I take it you must live in London somewhere.
I have two sets of siblings - one set (9 year old twins) where I charge £3.50ph for each child and the other set is £4.00ph for the youngest and £3.50ph for her sister.
I see you've negotiated £10 so well done.

charleyfarley
17-01-2008, 09:51 AM
I charge 50p less for the second child.

£10 for two children is fantastic, well done

Carol xx

Rubybubbles
17-01-2008, 10:09 AM
well done, gosh I think I would only have after schools for that !!!

oakie dokie
17-01-2008, 12:51 PM
omg where do you live? i want to move there.:idea: bring all my kids with me.

hazelx

miffy
17-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Well done tracey - hope you get some more work soon

Miffy xx

twise
17-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Thank you all...seriously hazel you don't want to live here...every where you turn a new development the size of a small town is being built on a piece of land the size of a postage stamp making the roads even more gridlocked!!

The money maybe good but to be honest I can't wait until my two kids are at Uni so that me and my husband can up stix and move to somewhere where the birds sing instead of cough from the pollution, it doesn't cost the equivalent of a mortgage to go out as a family anywhere and people greet you with a hello instead of What the **** you looking at ...need I go on...:D

Tracy

Tily Bud
17-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I charge 50p less for the oldest sibling x

Cammie Doodle
17-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Tracy, I don't do discount as has been said before that 2 kids take up limited spaces. Well negotiated. I know what you mean about London our son lived there for just over a year, he was in a shared house and still had not spoken to all the tennants in that time. He said when he walked to the Tube station he met an elderly man and Cameron said Good Morning the poor little man nearly ran away, he said how strange it all was, bless he has lived in a village all his life, and our nearest shop is over a mile away. lol . Mind you it obviously did not harm him as he moved to Reading and is now in Edinburgh. in fact he has just been to London this week to introduce his new girlfriend to his ex work mates. He used to work in Trafalger Square in a restuarant called Albannach.:thumbsup: