PDA

View Full Version : Advice regarding new mindee

patevans
10-10-2008, 09:54 AM
At present my lunch time is 12.00 - 12.45 then I do the nappies and put the children down for a nap then I tidy up from lunch get the after school activities ready etc. The new parent wont be dropping off until 12.30/12.40 one week then 1 pm the next week. I am going to explain to mum that baby needs to have lunch at home as its not fairt to come in and upset the opresent childrens routine. Does that sound fair?

oneofeach
10-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I think thats fair.

You have a routine, explain this to mum.

tomthumb
10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
yes it is fine. I do that with my parents as well. My meals are served at set times and if they come later then they need to eat at home before.
It is not fair on you or the children otherwise!

Elodie X

manjay
10-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I think it is absolutely fair, just make it clear from the outset. I have a new mindee who is supposed to have half an hour sleep at 9:30. This is when we go to toddler group so I made it clear to Mum that I could not guarantee that I could accomodate this request. Mum was fine and we both know where we stand.

patevans
10-10-2008, 10:13 AM
At present my lunch time is 12.00 - 12.45 then I do the nappies and put the children down for a nap then I tidy up from lunch get the after school activities ready etc. The new parent wont be dropping off until 12.30/12.40 one week then 1 pm the next week. I am going to explain to mum that baby needs to have lunch at home as its not fairt to come in and upset the opresent childrens routine. Does that sound fair?

I have just wrote this into her welcome letter as wont see her before I go on hol now -

After careful consideration I have decided that when ***** comes in at either 12.30 or 1pm she will need to have had her lunch at home as my lunch time is 12noon and I have to put the other children down for a nap just before 1 then clean up from lunch time as this is our current routine and don’t feel it would be fair to the other children to change it.

How does that sound??