PDA

View Full Version : Thicker than Thicky the Thick Insect!

Schnakes
09-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Okay..Im confuuused. Actually, I think its more to do with the fact that the person I spoke to is my version of Angels Enrique...hes made me come over all unneccassary...cant think straight! Anyway!! Had a phone call (from a lovely LOVELY man :blush: ) who Ive worked with before (social services) anyway...long story short, I need to know if I have a space. I look after an 8 year old boy (before and after school). My delightful friend is looking to place two eight year olds. (same times). Do I have a space? What are they classed as?

Sx

PS - I hope to god he doesnt while away his hours reading childminder talkboards, because otherwise...I'll just die because I'll blush so hard I wont have blood left in my body! :eek:

crazybones
09-10-2008, 06:52 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I dont understand what you are asking. :laughing: :laughing:

mrsb
09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
They are over 8 so they won't count in your under 8's numbers but they will count in your total numbers that you are allowed on your premises:D

sarah707
09-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Speak to your insurance company or if you can concentrate :rolleyes: , read the small print in your policy!!

See how many children total you can look after...

You will need to keep 6 spaces for under 8s... the rest can be filled with over 8s.

Hth :D

Blaze
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Speak to your insurance company or if you can concentrate :rolleyes: , read the small print in your policy!!

See how many children total you can look after...

You will need to keep 6 spaces for under 8s... the rest can be filled with over 8s.

Hth :D

...inclusive of your own children & any friends they might have over to play etc.:)

Andrea08
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
SORRY TO ASK BUT,,,

How do we find out the numbers we are allowed at any one time? i looked on my Ofsted registration and it only mentions children under 8yrs?
(im allowed 6 children)

thanks x

Heaven Scent
09-10-2008, 10:08 PM
As far as I can see its either 11 or 12 depending on whether you are with MM or NCMA - give them a ring to check.

miffy
10-10-2008, 06:58 AM
SORRY TO ASK BUT,,,

How do we find out the numbers we are allowed at any one time? i looked on my Ofsted registration and it only mentions children under 8yrs?
(im allowed 6 children)

thanks x

As Celine says check with your insurance company who will tell you the number of children you are insured for.

Don't forget that "any care provided for older children must not adversely affect the care of children receiving early years provision" (Appendix 2 item 12 of the Early Years Statutory Framework. Page 51 in book)

Miffy xx

Schnakes
10-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah...Im confused about it because I dont know if, as eight year olds they are classed as 5-8 or over 8's.

Sx

Heaven Scent
10-10-2008, 06:19 PM
8 year olds are classed as over 8's.

Schnakes
11-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Ah, nice one Celine - cheers! :thumbsup:

Sx

ajs
11-10-2008, 08:50 AM
i was wondering the same schnakes
but i htink in the same way as a 5 yr old moves into the next ratio then an 8 yr old must move out of the under 8 band too

thanks for clearing that