PDA

View Full Version : Shattered...

balloon
09-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Had my first morning with baby A and baby B together today. Baby B is very unsettled again and cried a lot, every time baby B cried it set baby A off. Baby A NEVER normally cries, even when he is unwell. I ended up sticking them both in the pushchair and walking all morning, luckily it was a lovely day! But as soon as we were home again it was back to square one...

Is this something that happens with new children together and they'll settle out of it or do you think I should think about not having the two together for long periods? Baby A was happy and his normal chilled self all afternoon after baby B had gone home. Baby B is quite a needy/tearful baby really so if its going to be an 'always' thing I need to work something out so it doesn't happen if that makes sense...

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

sarah707
09-10-2008, 05:06 PM
It depends to a great extent on your tolerance level.

It's awful when they scream and cry and upset others... if you can cope and it improves fast, then go with it...

Otherwise put yourself and your family first. :D

haribo
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
ive looked after a little girl whose now 16 months for 12 months . we had a lovely time together, just us in the day, then the need for money struck and ive just started mindig another little girl of 13 months (2 weeks ago)i couldnt believe the change the new baby brought ,she came in and took over,shes alovely but very very strong character- at first she took everything off the first lo but i have stopped that,she grizzled constantly if i wasnt talking to her, and she never slept . i considered admitting i couldnt cope ,i was really worried about the other one and i was shattered . i gave myself two weeks and the difference now is amazing. she gets put in the big pram at 11 every day and almost relishes going to sleep. i think its often a case them learning our rules,mum says she just screams the place down if they try putting her down so they just leave it. lts still hard work, but i feel in charge now and think we will be fine. i would say give it a bit longer before you decide you cant do it. you may feel different in a week or two ! good luck x