PDA

View Full Version : the amount of children

BrookeK
09-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I have a question thats been bugging me, is it 6 children in total on contract or is it 6 children in any one time, for example if i had 6 children up to 4pm and 2 went home can i have 2 extra? that maybe a little confusin but what i am trying to get at if i had 6 children on contract up to 6pm and i had a parents on nights and i was to have their 4 childen from 7pm till 8am would i be able to do that even though i already have 6 children on contract during the day.....?

ajs
09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
no it's 6 children at any one time

of those

3 can be under 5 and of those 3

only 1 can be under 1

at one time i had 15 children on my book and all of them were part timers so i only ever had 6 here at any one time

Andrea08
09-10-2008, 03:50 PM
i agree xx

balloon
09-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes, totally agree with the other two, it is 6 children at any one time (including your own if under eight).

Obviously you'd have to watch out for cross over times to make sure you didn't go over your numbers, but I'm sure you've thought of that already. :)

sarah707
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I used to have an under 3 first thing in the morning...

Then another I picked up later to take her place.

Is that what you mean? If so, it's perfectly acceptable so long as the timings do not clash and you go over numbers. :D

BrookeK
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
hi all, thanks for the replies that helps alot, i am currently getting ready to get into childminding and wanted to make sure i knew exactly what i was gettin involved in this forum is actually quite helpful and it has helped me understand alot!! Thanks again.

Chimps Childminding
12-10-2008, 04:05 PM
As long as you have no more than 6 children (in the ages already posted) at any one time it doesn't matter if you have different children overnight to those during the day, as long as they don't overlap timewise, if that is what you were meaning?