PDA

View Full Version : Hi there need some advice....

katie0183
16-01-2008, 02:19 PM
As some of you may have read in a previous thread i posted about a child that the mother cant drive and wanted me to pick him up etc etc, I decided to give her the 'interview' and let her come round and explain my yes' and no's etc. i have made a basic leaflet explaining im registered my fees, i promote healthy lifestyles, and explain we go out quite alot however should i show her my policies. Im not going to give her a copy just in case she steals them (you never know, someone said once a cm was going round posing as a parent and using peoples policies and procedures... dont know how true but still) and basically i dont know what to show her or talk to her about.... this will be my first childminding child and i just wanted an idea on how these 'meetings' go?

thanks

Rubybubbles
16-01-2008, 02:31 PM
:) On the NCMA site there is a list of questions that you can ask as a childminder, and also questions that the parent could ask. What I do is read both, so if things seem odd I would tell them something I do (as in a question they could ask) TBH you just go with the flow, say what you offer, your aims, why you became a childminder, what do they think childminding about ect.

Hope it goes well for you:)

sarah707
16-01-2008, 02:33 PM
You need to show your policies or at least explain the more important ones as they form the basis of the agreement between you ... but I can understand your reluctance to let them go...

I had this once with a mother who announced half way through our meeting that she was registered and not sure what she was wanting... :eek:

Alarm bells rang so I just gave a welcome letter and short details about my opening times, fees etc. I said she would need to put half an hour to one side to read all the stuff when she came to sign the contracts... she never came back! :D

berkschick
16-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I dont let my policies leave my house!

They are in a folder which the parents have to read through when they come to sign the contracts. It might take them half an hour but so be it. Then they sign a form to say they have read and understood them and that they understand they are welcome to re-read them anytime.

The only policys I send away with the parents are the complaints one and my fees one.

Love

Debbie

sarah707
16-01-2008, 03:09 PM
The only policys I send away with the parents are the complaints one and my fees one.
Love
Debbie

:laughing: My fees policy is printed on the back of every bill, just so there are no misunderstandings :D

manjay
16-01-2008, 04:53 PM
:laughing: My fees policy is printed on the back of every bill, just so there are no misunderstandings :D

Me too Sarah!!! You lot have taught me well!!

amanda xx

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 04:55 PM
oooh thats a good idea after the few months ive had getting one parent to pay fees on time xxx thanks

manjay
16-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Only trouble is that my fees policy is so long I have had to make the font tiny to fit it on!! Still perfectly readable so no excuses from parents

amanda xx

berkschick
16-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Thats a good idea! Never thought of doing that.

Love

Debbie

jo f
16-01-2008, 10:06 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
What a good idea!
Touch wood I've not had any probs
but is a fab idea!

chez1373
16-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Im so stealing your ideas sorry girls but this is great...
Im not having trouble with getting my fees but i dont wan tot tak ethe chance..

Banana
17-01-2008, 12:49 PM
That is a good Idea.

Maybe I should start doing that too! If you dont mind me pinching your ideas!

x