PDA

View Full Version : An upset childminder!

snowqueen
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Im thinking of giving childminding up and instead work in a nursery, Since i was registered in Oct last year. I feel i have had no support! Only from this forum have i had the support.

I am finding it hard to get children in my area!
I am finding it hard with the EYFS, which on monday i go on the workshop.
I am finding it hard with all the paperwork and all the end of year tax and keeping on top, as i dont understand it all.

I dont know unless i am just having a bad week.
But am seriously thinking about ending my career as a childminder.

LittleMissSparkles
09-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Im thinking of just having over 5's so dont have to worry about the EYFS thing or just givin it all up and going back to normal work and having my house back ! x

sorry you are feeling so down hunnie hope you feel better soon x

Genevieve
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Don't give up - you are having a bad week! Have you got a childrens' and family centre in your area? They are very supportive. Phone your local Childminding person in charge of your area (cant remember what they are called) and ask them to put you in touch with other childminders (or look up your local childminders on the internet through SureStart. We all feel the same. I have been registered for four years and I get together with my colleague and we have battled through it together (it took quite a while though). Once you have been through all the paperwork it does make sense - honestly, and although we work on a basic level, we believe we are doing everything that is expected of us. We all have bad days, but a hot coffee and ginger biscuit helps - honestly!

Mollymop
09-10-2008, 01:19 PM
DOn't give up just yet hun, go on your course and see how you feel afterwards, you may find help there or feel more able to do the paperwork side of things.
Have you got a development officer you can call and tell her how you feel? She maybe able to help you.
Good luck xx

samd35
09-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Don't give up. I do know how you feel, but just do one thing at a time. Maybe once you go on your course things may be a little clearer.
xx

Minstrel
09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Also maybe think about using an accountant. From what i gather they cost about £70 to do your tax returns so if your not understanding it then it might be worth the money to give you a weight off your shoulders x

bets of luck and hope you dont quit x

Andrea08
09-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Agree with above i also felt like giving up it was you know time of d month an all ..:blush:
so i decided to keep going and thank goodness i found this forum through a spy poping onto another forum hehehe thank you
chin up hun hot coffee and keep going loads of happy helpful peeps on ere they help me and loads of resources for EYFS

get stuck just ask ok hun xxxx

balloon
09-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree with those who have said do your course and see how you feel after that.

I know completely how you feel about a lack of support though, if it hadn't been for this forum I would have sunk without trace by now...

DudleyChildmind
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
I think most of us have felt like that at some point because it can get too much at times. If you need any help with the EYFS I'd be willing to give you advice if needed and I'm sure others on here would too :)

Wiggly
09-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh Lynn. Didn't realise you were feeling so down when you texted me today. Give me a ring and we will get together and see if I can help lift your spirits.

Big hugs
Wiggly
x

snowqueen
16-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Aw thx everyone...I went to the EYFS workshop, and i start the course all through november so that has kind of lifted my spirits! Its the lack of mindees i have now, i have advertised in all the local shops and a bit further away from me.

Well i'd love to have a lovely biscuit but im on Lighterlife diet..sooo thats a no no for me, but you all can have one for me;):clapping:

LOOPYLISA
16-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Just wanted to send hugs x

marian
16-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Glad you're feeling more positive:)
Fingers crossed that the phone will ring!
Marian x

Chatterbox Childcare
16-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Don't you have support childminders in your area or at the least a Development Officer.

I would contact your CIS and see what is available.

Raggydolls
17-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Well i'd love to have a lovely biscuit but im on Lighterlife diet..sooo thats a no no for me, but you all can have one for me;):clapping:

lighterlife, wow thats taking a massive plunge - especially on the pockets. id love to do this but no way can i afford it!

leanne
xx

Pauline
17-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Don't give up! Pretty Please :)

Trust me, EYFS is not as bad as you might think. It is all about doing what you did before but just recording more of it.

It must be hard on your own, try phoning NCMA and asking for the local co-ordinator, they are there to help and are PAID to help.

And of course you have us! :thumbsup:

gemhei
17-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Its quite sad when i read posts like this, ive been thinking about getting an accountant too just to ease the pressure cos the eyfs stuff has been a struggle for me too and tax on top might just push me further. Dont give up hun, like someone said before go to a local childrens centre they are very supportive, i have a family member whos a manager of three of them and i know they try help out as much as they can.

Ive worked in a nursery and wouldnt go pack for a million pounds, if support is what you are after i dont think its the best option. Good luck hun and let us know how you get on and what you are gonna do. :)