PDA

View Full Version : Just letting off a little steam

KatrinaW
09-10-2008, 08:01 AM
ARGGHHHH

I have had notice from a family that their little girl is leaving at the end of the month - fine - BUT since then they are continuously late in dropping her off in the morning by about 45mins - an hour and early in collecting her, by about an hour!!!

Luckily I have no school runs to do but if I did I would be :angry:

I am sat here now waiting for them to turn up, so far 30 mins late.
I hate it when they come early to collect as well, what if we had been out? (They are lucky, I make sure I am home in plenty of time before collections.)

How hard is it to pick up the phone or tell me face to face if on a certain day they may be earlier/later?

ajs
09-10-2008, 08:03 AM
you're complaining they pick up early and drop oiff late

are you mad

you're being paid i assume, if they want their little ones over the time they are paying you just grin and bear it

sorry if i'm missing something though

KatrinaW
09-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Yes of course that is an upside (sort of).
It is just the fact I get up early for them and they don't even bother to turn up at the time arranged in the morning, if I had plans to go toddlers (which I have today) we are now going to be late.
Then in the afternoons we can be in the middle of an activity or like I say OUT and they just turn up an hour early!!

crazybones
09-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Yes of course that is an upside (sort of).
It is just the fact I get up early for them and they don't even bother to turn up at the time arranged in the morning, if I had plans to go toddlers (which I have today) we are now going to be late.
Then in the afternoons we can be in the middle of an activity or like I say OUT and they just turn up an hour early!!

I would just go and text them to meet you on the way or drop off there. This is what I was about to do yesterday after waiting 10 mins for someone to be dropped off. As I was texting house phone rang to say he was off :mad: .

sarah707
09-10-2008, 08:24 AM
I know what you mean it is very annoying when you are sitting around waiting for someone to arrive.

You can't relax can you?

And if you have planned activities and the parents spoil it by coming early.

I would say the best you can do is really relax and wait it out... no point getting upset it's clearly a game they want to play.

Start a book, do some browsing on here... make the most of the time :D

angeldelight
09-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Yes I agree I would not be happy either

You do plan your day around the times children arrive

Its a pain if they arrive late because yes you have to get up for them.

Nice to have them picked up early but my parents are not allowed to do either without warning me first

Are they only doing this since they gave notice ?

I agree with Sarah no point having bad feelings now before they leave you want to finish with them on nice terms so I would put up with it

Hopefully the time will fly by

Angel xx

mandy moo
09-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Had to say something My DH and Best friend are late for everything, they laugh it off..:angry:
I think it is the height of bad manners to do this sort of thing.
Saying that, I'm 98% of the time early for things, and end up sitting in car or hanging around in the rain! but then I'd rather be early than late..:blush:

Rubybubbles
09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Had to say something My DH and Best friend are late for everything, they laugh it off..:angry:
I think it is the height of bad manners to do this sort of thing.
Saying that, I'm 98% of the time early for things, and end up sitting in car or hanging around in the rain! but then I'd rather be early than late..:blush:

I am always early for everything :laughing:

KatrinaW
09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Oohh had a call at 9.30am they would be here asap......they have LITERALLY just shown up at 2.25pm!! Waited in all this time for them to be 6 HOURS LATE!! FFS. Anyway best be off things to do now....:angry:

mum22
09-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Oohh had a call at 9.30am they would be here asap......they have LITERALLY just shown up at 2.25pm!! Waited in all this time for them to be 6 HOURS LATE!! FFS. Anyway best be off things to do now....:angry:

Wow thats what i call late !!:eek:
as has been said grin and bear it.....:thumbsup:

Nettynoo
14-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Glad I am not the only one to feel like this!!!! I am not the most natural of early risers and when they put on the contract that they will be arriving at 7am and I have to get up at 6.15 for shower, hair wash etc just for them to turn up at 7.50!!!!! Aaaghh!!! Same mindee id due to be collected at 6pm but Mum turns up just as I am serving supper!! She either sits and watches him eat or takes him home without eating!!!!!! Really irritating!!!:(

Andrea08
14-10-2008, 08:37 PM
:angry: arrrrr yes bin there got d T-shirt

some time ago mindees turn up at 9am every morning then out d blue turned up at 8am well :eek: was the look on my face only to be told
"WELL WE ARE CONTRACTED ANY TIME FROM 8"

OMG for weeks id been sittin there waiting from 8am to get use to a 9am start to get a sudden arrival at 8!!
not heard of or know how to use a PHONE !!

it take me 20mins to walk to school so guess what time they turn up now
!!3mins" b4 i leave the house just fun n games this job and never a dull moment
at school little one said I LOVE YOU well for the 3mins in d morning and 5 at night ill just 4get about d parents and remember why i do this job!
HUGGS AND I LOVE YOU TOO HUN:p

sparkle
14-10-2008, 09:31 PM
ARGGHHHH

I am sat here now waiting for them to turn up, so far 30 mins late.

Well who is watching the child whilst you are feeling so angry and able to find time to let off steam??

Only an observation -

Don't forget that any comments ON HERE can be viewed by anyone who signs up that can be ANYONE

I hope you have calmed down by the time you have viewed this...

Pauline
15-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Well who is watching the child whilst you are feeling so angry and able to find time to let off steam??

I assume from Katrina's post that it is the parent? The child is LATE arriving, it is not with her, you obviously haven't read the post properly.

I find your suggestion that Katrina would not be watching a child carefully while posting on here very upsetting, as a childminder surely you know that children come first at all times and their safety is never compromised.

angeldelight
15-10-2008, 08:01 AM
I assume from Katrina's post that it is the parent? The child is LATE arriving, it is not with her, you obviously haven't read the post properly.

I find your suggestion that Katrina would not be watching a child carefully while posting on here very upsetting, as a childminder surely you know that children come first at all times and their safety is never compromised.

Well said Pauline

People should not judge without knowing the full facts

Angel xx

KatrinaW
11-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow, came back to this forum after a year (I am no longer childminding but fancied a nosey lol) and find this.

Yes on that occasion no children were here, hence I was moaning about them being late. No children were ever left alone!! :rolleyes:

huggableshelly
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
lol ..... stop looking at the past and get on with the future .......

i presume the contract is over LOL and your steam has run out and venting is over too and ... oh its friday woohooo yep it is funny looking back at old posts!

miffy
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
lol ..... stop looking at the past and get on with the future .......

i presume the contract is over LOL and your steam has run out and venting is over too and ... oh its friday woohooo yep it is funny looking back at old posts!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Read it through before I realised it was an old thread!!!!

Miffy xx

haribo
12-12-2009, 03:12 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Read it through before I realised it was an old thread!!!!

Miffy xx

me too :laughing:

helenlc
13-12-2009, 03:26 PM
And me!

Then got confused when Katrina said about coming back after a year and I am thinking "Wow the parents are REALLY late"!!!! :laughing: