PDA

View Full Version : Tuff tray question....

LittleStars
09-10-2008, 07:18 AM
For those of you who have a tuff tray.....

Im being a bit dim..... We have only used the tuff tray for dry messy activities thus far....I wondered HOW on earth when you do something messy in it...say rock pools...how do you empty it?????

Flat it won't fit through my doorways....so cant take it to the garden or bathroom without tipping it up and spilling anything in it...

Would love some advice on the ways you have found of emptying it.

Thanks
Jen

miss mopple
09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
I use it in the garden if we're doing really messy stuff then I can tip it out and hose it down :D

Made the stupid mistake of doing shaving foam with paint and glitter indoors when I first got it-never again :laughing: Kids loved it but my nerves were shot :o

sarah707
09-10-2008, 07:26 AM
I use my messy tray outside as well.

I am looking for a new all weather cover as my gazebo collapsed the other week.

I use a cat litter tray inside an old plastic table... easy to pick up and throw stuff away when we've finished

:D

ajs
09-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I use my messy tray outside as well.

I am looking for a new all weather cover as my gazebo collapsed the other week.

I use a cat litter tray inside an old plastic table... easy to pick up and throw stuff away when we've finished

:D

doesn't the cat mind

sorry i had to ask

we use a cat litter tray too i haven't bought a tuff spot yet although i have been very tempted by them
my hubby already thinks i am barking mad
i think next year i will give in

crazybones
09-10-2008, 08:29 AM
I use (stole) Sarah's idea of the table with the litter tray but a tuff spot is on my wish list now I have 3 of them and only one table. If this grant comes through and I get my covered decking then I am going to invest in one.

venus89
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Tuffspot for outdoors messy play - it lives in the garden and each week I do a different activity. This week - funnily enough - was a rock pool (last week it was stones and diggers and I forgot to pack it away so it filled up with water!! - the kids loved dropping the stones in to make a splash....)
Indoors I use a washing up bowl for messy play.
I've also started to think about ideas for my sand/water table as I'm bored of sand and water now! Yesterday we had warm water and lentils but I'm wondering if this might actually be potentially poisonous? Or is that just dried beans?

LittleStars
10-10-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't really have space for it in the garden, my garden is a bit of a shoe box...and as it gets cold too, my mindees are all very little! I thought it might be nice to do some well supervised messy activities in the kitchen with it, floor is wood and waterproof and walls and cupboards are all wipe clean so wouldn't be too concerned about mess just concerned about how I will empty it...I guess tipping liquids into a smaller tub and then carrying the tray to the garden to hose down (I think cleaning it will probably make more mess than the activity!!)

miffy
10-10-2008, 07:22 AM
I only use mine indoors for "dry" play - like shredded paper, pasta, oats etc.

The kids do love it though especially getting into it. Just when they ask me to get in too there's not a lot of room left :blush: :laughing:

Miffy xx

ajs
10-10-2008, 07:24 AM
I only use mine indoors for "dry" play - like shredded paper, pasta, oats etc.

The kids do love it though especially getting into it. Just when they ask me to get in too there's not a lot of room left :blush: :laughing:

Miffy xx

why? you're not that big

miffy
10-10-2008, 07:25 AM
why? you're not that big

I must have a small tuf spot then :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

MrsT333
10-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I must be really dim...but what is a Tufff tray?

How much are they and where can I get one from?

I'v just got a large water table that I fill with either sand or water...I like the idea of a rock pool though.

avril
10-10-2008, 08:06 PM
They are great for putting gravel in for the children to use cars, diggers etc.. in like a building site.

They are from the likes of b&q etc...

madasahatter
10-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Try your local builders yard, they will probably be cheaper than B&Q (not all stock them anyway, ours doesn't). They are also called builder's spots and cement trays.