PDA

View Full Version : Risk assesments.. help!!

Jules27
08-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Ok am trying to get all my paperwork in order bit by bit. Am probably being a bit thick but really don't know WHAT to do with regards to risk assesments. Are there any websites I can go to with examples on? I have a tick box risk assesment for my house in general e.g socket covers, which came in my pre reg pack, I do that every day mentally, once a week on paper.

What things do I need to do a risk assesment for? An obvious one is outdoor play equipment, Dogs - i.e dog mess in the garden gets cleaned up, my mind is empty with regards to indoors so any help would be good!! I don't have a co ordinator at the mo as previous one has leftand new one doesn't start for a while so feel like i',m fumbling in the dark on this one!!!!:(

Trouble
08-10-2008, 10:02 PM
there is a site called Bromley childminders association where you can go to the childminders webpage and print one to get you started. dont know the link though but someone will type it on

if you look round the room from a childs point of view thats what you write about
Trapping fingers, sockets covered loose wires, sharp corners, glass, hazards, etc

go round each room and place you would visit.

hope this helps

Trouble
08-10-2008, 10:07 PM
this is it http://www.bromleycma.org.uk

have fun!!!!!!!

christine e
09-10-2008, 06:59 AM
This site also has some in downloads

www.nottinghamandcountychildminding.org

Cx

miss muffit
09-10-2008, 07:30 AM

Cx

thank you this is what i have been looking for :littleangel:

chels55
04-12-2008, 12:35 PM

Cx

great site really useful thanks

Andrea08
04-12-2008, 01:43 PM
ohhh very good now all i need to do is edit it a bit to fit my setting . thank you xx