PDA

View Full Version : Surprise for the kids tomorrow

miss mopple
08-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I have really noticed over the last few days that te kids have been cramming themselves into the dining room to play rather than the lounge where we normally play.

So this afternoon I mentioned it to DH and suggested that it may be worth considering turning it into a more kiddie friendly room.

Amazingly he went for it :thumbsup: , and I have spent the last few hours moving furniture around to accomodate the table in the living room and set the dining room up as the childrens room. My kids have been so excited so hope the mindees like it too when they arrive tomorrow :clapping:

Its nice to have my living room back with no toys in it :thumbsup: and hopefully DH will be able to be downstairs comfortably while I am working (normally he hides upstairs :laughing: ) so we're all winners :clapping: Shame I have no door straight out onto the garden but maybe I can convince him next year ;) :laughing:

Cant wait to see if they use it tomorrow!

angeldelight
08-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Sounds a lovely idea

I am sure the kids are going to love it tomorrow

Angel xx

Annie_T
08-10-2008, 07:57 PM
cool, i bet they will like it hun x

sarah707
08-10-2008, 08:01 PM
That's how mine is... table in the front room. It works really well.

I hope they enjoy their new space! :clapping:

LisaH
08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
thats a great idea the kids will love it!! Wish i had a dining room:(

mandy moo
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Would love to do that with my dining room, but the table Dh brought without me I might add (i wanted an extending one) takes up most of the room.
I think if I was too mention making the room more child friendly he'd blow a gasket or head (hes a mechanic by the way)
And he didnt buy the chairs to go round it either..!!:mad: so we have a table that seat 8-10 and only 4 chairs..doh:rolleyes:
mandy

katickles
09-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Thats going to be a lovely suprize for them i'm sure

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/21/2199/219927.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

miss mopple
09-10-2008, 12:46 PM
They are loving it today :clapping:

DH is loving that he could play on his xbox this morning :rolleyes:

I'm loving that my lounge is still as tidy as it was last night :clapping:

Winners all round :D

sarah707
09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Great news! :D

charleyfarley
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Would love to do that with my dining room, but the table Dh brought without me I might add (i wanted an extending one) takes up most of the room.
I think if I was too mention making the room more child friendly he'd blow a gasket or head (hes a mechanic by the way)
And he didnt buy the chairs to go round it either..!!:mad: so we have a table that seat 8-10 and only 4 chairs..doh:rolleyes:
mandy

That sounds like ours although we have 10 chairs to go round it:eek: It's now stored in the storeroom along with 6 of the chairs and the chest freezer oh and the overspill of the playroom :D

We changed our dining room into the playroom last xmas, it's still not finished:panic: It's great not having toys everywhere

Enjoy your playroom I'm sure the children will love it

Carol xx