PDA

View Full Version : I want a noticeboard

donnagwynne
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I am sick and tired of trying to stick displays to the wall with blue tack. I want a more professional look and wondered if anyone had any good ideas for an alternative. I have looked at getting a notice board (and staple gun) but don't know where to try.

Any suggestions please??

Donna

Rubybubbles
08-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I have got huge cork boards from Wollworths for about £5.99 each they fit loads on (well I have 2!) and are good value for money too:thumbsup:

sarah707
08-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I have a massive one from WH Smith... it wasn't expensive :D

squiggle
08-10-2008, 01:30 PM
i got a huge corkboard from dunelm.

Jen x

LisaH
08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
wilkinsons sell different sized cork boards really cheap!!:)

anneriddington
08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I use fold away cardboard display boards for everything childrens world certs etc they fold away at the weekend. I got mine from S & S Supplies pk of 4 boards red blue yellow and green wouldn't be without them:)

twise
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Can vouch for the SS supply boards...bit expensive for 4 bits of cardboard but they are fantastic and I would be lost without them.

Tracy

crazybones
08-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Can vouch for the SS supply boards...bit expensive for 4 bits of cardboard but they are fantastic and I would be lost without them.

Tracy

Snap :thumbsup:

donnagwynne
08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Wow Anne I really love your display (and the boards looked quite good too!!!)

I might have to copy your idea for the wooden spoon scarecrows they looked fab!!

Thanks for the ideas.

Donna

Annie_T
08-10-2008, 03:06 PM
staples do various sizes depending on size you require they can be quite ood value for money. I want get one but said i wait for a while once ive reg'ed see how i go with it x

devoncm
08-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I want a big board to but so i can put things on both sides-childminding info on one and maybe pics of family on other side so at end of day can turn day into home in eves when all gone home.

teacake2
08-10-2008, 03:12 PM
I have just bought an A4 sized holder from Baker Ross, it fits on the back of my door which leads from the hall into the living room wo the parents and children see it as soon as they walk in. It has nine A4 sized pockets, some are portrait and some are landscape so fit all types of posters, notices etc, the pockets can be used twice as you can put things in the other side, so technically you can put 18 things on display and just turn the whole thing round to see the others. They also do photo sized pockets as well and that one holds loads. The one I bought was £9.99 I am not sure of the others. It just makes everything look nice and tidy for a change.
Teacake2

donnahay0
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Does S & S Supplies sell on-line & how much were they - I like the look of those and that I can fold them up at the end of the day so my family can have their space back.

angeldelight
08-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Had mine from here

http://www.leostationery.co.uk/noticeboards.php?gclid=CNrOiqyMmJYCFQXtlAoduA-E7w

Angel xx

polobear1970
08-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Can anyone give me the web link for s&s i've tried to find but not coming up

thanks very much

Lisa

crazybones
08-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Can anyone give me the web link for s&s i've tried to find but not coming up

thanks very much

Lisa

http://www.ss-services.co.uk/acatalog/info.html :thumbsup:

polobear1970
09-10-2008, 08:12 AM
http://www.ss-services.co.uk/acatalog/info.html :thumbsup:

thanks very much for that

lisa

mandy moo
09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Homebase do a poster size noticeboard, cork with wooden frame for £7..99
mandy

singlewiththree
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
I want a big board to but so i can put things on both sides-childminding info on one and maybe pics of family on other side so at end of day can turn day into home in eves when all gone home.

What a good idea Marie. That was what was bothering me I dont want to have to keep blue tacking on my newly painted wall and taking it down at night. I dont know how it would turn over though unless you just put it on a pic hook?

PaulaW

Silverrose
09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
i know this is a little different but is simlia and cool, in Parters (which is now called Rymans they do a roll of wight board and it just skicks to hard walls ect by it self only £30 a big roll.sorry my spelling is rubbish, please have a ruf ges (aarrrr can't even spell that, sorry)

Blaze
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
That was on dragon's den...also sold at Staples! (There you go Theo)!!!:D

Rubybubbles
09-10-2008, 08:43 PM
That was on dragon's den...also sold at Staples! (There you go Theo)!!!:D

watch too much telly then:laughing:

Chimps Childminding
10-10-2008, 11:30 PM
I have just bought an A4 sized holder from Baker Ross, it fits on the back of my door which leads from the hall into the living room wo the parents and children see it as soon as they walk in. It has nine A4 sized pockets, some are portrait and some are landscape so fit all types of posters, notices etc, the pockets can be used twice as you can put things in the other side, so technically you can put 18 things on display and just turn the whole thing round to see the others. They also do photo sized pockets as well and that one holds loads. The one I bought was £9.99 I am not sure of the others. It just makes everything look nice and tidy for a change.
Teacake2

I saw that and thought it ws a really good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Andrea08
10-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I use fold away cardboard display boards for everything childrens world certs etc they fold away at the weekend. I got mine from S & S Supplies pk of 4 boards red blue yellow and green wouldn't be without them:)

WOW THAT LOOKS GR8 sorry but do you have a link to yours as i looked for ages and cana find the set of boards? i know they are prob right there under me wine glass mat , lol but your display looks cool would like to see more?
x

jackie_5
11-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I am sick and tired of trying to stick displays to the wall with blue tack. I want a more professional look and wondered if anyone had any good ideas for an alternative. I have looked at getting a notice board (and staple gun) but don't know where to try.

Any suggestions please??

Donna

Homebase do a glass/magnet about A3 size, and I bought some and have put them side by side, you can write on them too, the only problem is you have to use super strong magnets, and I have yet to buy some more, as they only come with 2 ! - but they look really good, even with no displays, they come in a creamy white or black - £14.99 - hope this helps

Heaven Scent
11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I have the set of 4 cardboard ones but those from homebase sound good and my DH shouldn't complain too much about them - there is a new homebase open in Sandbach I must take a look!!!!!

If you find out where to get the magnets from please do let us know.

jackie_5
13-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I have the set of 4 cardboard ones but those from homebase sound good and my DH shouldn't complain too much about them - there is a new homebase open in Sandbach I must take a look!!!!!

If you find out where to get the magnets from please do let us know.

just ordered from pin-it.co.uk - hope they work.

just put in search for superstrong magnets, and there are quite a few that come up.

if anyone does buy this boards from homebase, they are only supplied with two small magnets, super strong obviously - do not buy any other normal magnets, eg from staples, they do not work, not even fridge magnets - search for the super strong ones online.

Andrea08
13-10-2008, 12:57 PM
WARNING :(

DO NOT USE AN OLD PIECE OF PLASTER BOARD!!!

as i did :blush: looked gr8, blue tack not on my walls i was happy then
BANG it just snapped im soooo happy it wasn't near any of the mindees!
all my fab posters all ova the play room ..

DudleyChildmind
13-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I searched the SS site for the cardboard display boards but I just can't find them. Would someone be kind enough to post a direct link to the item please? :blush:

Rubybubbles
13-10-2008, 01:07 PM
WARNING :(

DO NOT USE AN OLD PIECE OF PLASTER BOARD!!!

as i did :blush: looked gr8, blue tack not on my walls i was happy then
BANG it just snapped im soooo happy it wasn't near any of the mindees!
all my fab posters all ova the play room ..

oh no!! sorry but I did smirk just a little

anneriddington
13-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I searched the SS site for the cardboard display boards but I just can't find them. Would someone be kind enough to post a direct link to the item please? :blush:

http://www.ss-services.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ess%2dservic es%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2finfo%2ehtml&WD=boards&PN=Display%2ehtml%23aC96#aC96

Try this link presentation boards C96 if you search their site

DudleyChildmind
13-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Thank you very much :thumbsup:

DudleyChildmind
13-10-2008, 08:11 PM
I've just placed my order :thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
13-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I had a corkboard on the wall behind my dining table (kitchen diner, sadly no playroom) as at least we can shut the kitchen door on it at night. Have just changed it to a magnetic one now though as my 2yr old dd kept climbing on the chairs and pulling the pins out:eek: , so that one is now on a wall in the kitchen above the worktop where she can't reach it! Think it came from B+q, it is also a writeon/wipeoff but I only really wanted it as it doesn't need pins!
My oh is going nuts,as that is 2 in the kitchen, ofsted stuff on the back of the front door, signs about handwashing/ toothbrushing in the bathroom, my kids rules on their bedroom doors, and I'm thinking about getting one of those display holders from Baker Ross aswell!
Like those foldaway ones, might get them if I can think of anywhere to fold them away to :D

DudleyChildmind
14-10-2008, 05:33 AM
I know what you mean about signs everywhere. I have them in my porch, hallway, bathroom, living room and conservatory, they just take over the whole house.

I placed my order last night for the cardboard fold-away displays so I'm hoping they arrive soon. I was wondering whether they'd start to look tatty with all the pin holes in them? :rolleyes:

crazybones
14-10-2008, 06:28 AM
I know what you mean about signs everywhere. I have them in my porch, hallway, bathroom, living room and conservatory, they just take over the whole house.

I placed my order last night for the cardboard fold-away displays so I'm hoping they arrive soon. I was wondering whether they'd start to look tatty with all the pin holes in them? :rolleyes:

I have had mine since March last year and they are still ok. I have one as a notice board with all my certificates on that is up and down every day. Two others have been screwed to the playroom wall for displays. I use blue tac on them though and not pins.

DudleyChildmind
14-10-2008, 06:48 AM
That's a good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that LOL :laughing:

gemhei
14-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I had a fairly large one i picked up from a car boot sale but DS thought it was a good idea to swing from it and pulled it down along with half of plaster off wall grrr. It snapped so i got one from WHSmith was only cheap. If you do want one you can staple to however, i wouldnt bother with a staple gun id just undo a normal stapler as if you are going to put staples in, line it up and push, does same job :D

teacake2
14-10-2008, 05:38 PM
For all my certificates, insurance etc, I put them in a nice large picture frame so at least that looks quite nice and can be used for pictures if not needed for minding anymore.
Teacake2

Andrea08
14-10-2008, 07:15 PM
but dont you think this is all a shame coz its our HOME not a church hall or nursery!

it took me 45mins to set up this morning and i still 4got a few posters and the changing mat
when parents arrive early they dont know how much it throws us off

wish i just used a shed at the bottom of the garden as much out door space as Ofsted n EYFS want!!:idea:
lol x

DudleyChildmind
15-10-2008, 05:22 AM
Yes I agree. As much as I like to see the children's work it can take over your home.

jackie_5
17-10-2008, 06:34 AM
[QUOTE=jackie_5;247963]just ordered from pin-it.co.uk - hope they work.

They did'nt work ! they were really tiny - the search continues...........

just put in search for superstrong magnets, and there are quite a few that come up.

if anyone does buy this boards from homebase, they are only supplied with two small magnets, super strong obviously - do not buy any other normal magnets, eg from staples, they do not work, not even fridge magnets - search for the super strong ones online.[/QUO

childmind04
19-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I have just got the display folders from baker ross, i got a photo one and the A4 size display and they are fab, i bought one of those hooks for the tops of doors and put one on my kitchen and one on my living room doors :)

Susan

singlewiththree
19-10-2008, 05:00 PM
I've bought the baker ross ones too. I already had the photo one so bought the document one I'm just going to put a nail in my wall in my hallway for it.

Paula W