PDA

View Full Version : Contract getting signed tomorrow. :)

cher25
08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi, the women i mentioned in another thread came today, and she is coming round tomorrow morning to sign the contract for her 3 year old son. :) He will be starting on Monday from 9.10am till 7.10pm. Don't think i will take anymore children after this, unless it's school pick up only at the local school, as no room in car. Speaking of which is there anywhere that does smaller booster seat? As with 2 proper child seats in the car for 1 year old and 3 year old, how can i get the 4 year old to sit inbetween? My car is a vauxhall astra. It is only for school pick up, but im also thinking about half term incase we go anywhere. As buses are ridiculous! I don't want the 4 yr old sitting without a booster seat and dont want to be putting it in the front seat either. What would you all do?

Rubybubbles
08-10-2008, 12:46 PM
By law http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm#kids311 if you can't fit a seat into the middle it is OKAY to drive without a boosted but! if you do have front seat avaible personly I would put the booster into the front as would be safer, unless:panic: you have front air bag you can;t switch off, which is another topic tbh with regards to your insurance! (on here somewhere, I phoined my and they have confirmed I CAN travel with air bag off and it not affect my insurance

sorry, don't mean to sound scary:D

cher25
08-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi and thanks but i cant switch my airbag off. But i have just been on the link and i can legally put the 4yr old in the front on the booster seat as it isn't a rear facing 1. So as much as i don't like it, it's safer that i do.

Rubybubbles
08-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi and thanks but i cant switch my airbag off. But i have just been on the link and i can legally put the 4yr old in the front on the booster seat as it isn't a rear facing 1. So as much as i don't like it, it's safer that i do.

just make sure the seat is pushed as far back as it will go from the front