PDA

View Full Version : Impatigo?

katickles
08-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Just had a call to say one of my midees has suspected impetigo.

Not with me for the next 48 hours & doctor has given some cream. I have said that lasions will need to be crusted over? I will also need to infor any other mindees parents won't I? Do i need to do anything else?

This mindee is only after school & so doen't have contct as such with other mindees.

jellytot
08-10-2008, 11:57 AM
i would wait until scabs have started to heal properly before taking them back. if the child picks it can still be contageous from any weeping from the area. we had a bout of it in my house few yrs ago and everyone ( except myself luckily) caught it. i wil never want to go through that again.

katickles
08-10-2008, 01:11 PM
How long do you all say to have off then?

My I have just been reading on the internet, some say 1 - 3 days & others a week?

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/21/2199/219927.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

jellytot
08-10-2008, 01:16 PM
i dont know offical time limit others maybe able to help you more with that one. i personally would say until scab starts to heal and also depends on if the child is a picker as my son was as this caused the infection spreading more. i just had a bad experience with it.

sorry not more help

Rubybubbles
08-10-2008, 01:19 PM
my exclusion of illness policy is from this web site http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1195733756818 I got a huge poster from them about everything, have zoomed in on impetigo for you hth

sarah707
08-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I would always say wait until it's totally gone... nasty infection and it spreads like wild :(

Heaven Scent
08-10-2008, 01:34 PM
At least your parents were honest with you mine just said it was a skin infection and I hadn't got a leg to stand on - I would ask them to keep child home until sore/s start to heal because LO's are prone to picking them. Also you now need to disinfect everything and wash any soft furnishings at as high a temp as possible. - sorry - I had to do it every day because parents parents lied to me and I didn't want it to spread amongst my mindees nor my own family. Life was very difficult that week because couldn't go into playgroups to pick up other mindees so other minders and playgroups had to bring mindees to me. - Some parents are so selfish but you sem to have nice ones.

mrsb
08-10-2008, 06:23 PM
one of my mindees had a spot come up last week which I didn't take much notice of, then yesterday at pick up time she said to mum her spot was sore and got worse, I looked at it and said to mum it looked like impetigo (sp?), she said oh no, it's just a spot, then she looked at me abit worried and said she'd never seen impetigo before did I really think it was,

anyway she went home and an hour later she rang apologising profusely saying that she has indeed got it, the dr had said she is not to return to school until there is no weeping and it has to be completely dried up, could take between 2 days and 2 weeks:eek: