PDA

View Full Version : From a newbie..

MissTinkerbell
16-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone

I've just handed my notice in as a Reception teacher because its just not fitting in with having 2 year old twins and a 4 year old in full time school. I've decided to do childminding whilst the littlies are at home and have ordered my pack from the local council. I now have some questions for all you wonderful experienced guys out there:

how do I get my house ready and what do I need, bearing in mind that its pretty childproof with 2 toddlers around?

how long before OfSted make a 1st visit, bearing in mind both myself and hubby are already CRB checked, roughly?

I'm sure that I have loads more questions but is the procedure from now on in?

Thank you

angeldelight
16-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi welcome to the forum

You have your hands full already by the sounds of things ha

You really need to look around the forum you will fine heaps of information here about what safety checks to do

It can take a while for Ofsted to come out - you have to have your pre - reg first and do some courses - first aid etc
There is more to it than Ofsted just coming out
Once again look around the forum

CRB check you will more than likely need this done again - my daughter already had one but Ofsted made her do it again
Silly I know

Have a look around this area of the forum and I am sure you will find all the information you need

If not just give us a shout and I am sure someone will be around to help you

Dont forget also to say hello in the " hello" section of the forum

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
16-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Hello and welcome

ruby
16-01-2008, 12:33 PM
hello and welcome to the forum

cathy and rachel

Rubybubbles
16-01-2008, 02:08 PM
hello and welcome,

as angel said look around there is so much info, and it often gets repeated so you will find it, and shout if can't:D

you sound as you would be more than able to cope as a childminder with your background:D