PDA

View Full Version : What benefits can we claim?

twinkle3005
08-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi All

I have two siblings who are term time only so during the summer hols so I didn't get any pay for them. I also work part time and wondered if I would be entitled to any benefits if I didn't have any children on my books as my wage from my part time job is quite low.

xx

sue m
08-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Hiya, I only have my mindees here for about 16 hours a week and I understood to get working tax credit, you had to work 30 hours a week but think of all the hours we do on top of that, weekends and until late at night sometimes so I rang them and had a chat with a guy about it and he said he didn't know but he would send me the forms to fill in. I did that and tld the truth about how many hours I worked but went on and on about the hours we have to do for obs and planning and paperwork in general. I didn't hear anything for a while and suddenly when I was looking at my bank statement online, I saw they had paid money into my bank!!!! I was really surprised.

I don't know what else you can claim if anything. x

Annie_T
08-10-2008, 12:43 PM
you should be entitled to working tax credit and if got any children family tax credit

im unsure if anything else, ring the job centre they be able to help more x

Andrea08
08-10-2008, 01:26 PM
yes i agree and if you not sure always ask they dont just give us money we have to ask for it so pick up the phone theres money out there wid your name on it! good luck

sarah707
08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I get working tax and child tax credits.

Always worth ringing and asking :D

0845 300 3900

LisaH
08-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I get child tax credit:)

sue m
08-10-2008, 02:38 PM
I haven't got any children of my own. Well I have but they are 32 and 36. I was really surprised when they said I could have working tax credit. Next thing will be them writing to me asking for it back cos it's wrong. Been there before! :mad: