PDA

View Full Version : An enquiry

tulip0803
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Had a Mum ask about places today:) . Unfortunately it was for 2 afterschools 3 days and I can only do one day until I have enough hours to stop work (basically the equivilant of one child full time) 3 pre-school & 2 school age places to do it in so hopefully not long.

BUT her 2 year old son is in nursery and as she is having a problem placing her 2 girls she is contemplating taking him out of nursery and placing him with me too, which would take me up to my full-time equivilant so I could stop work. I know all the children, oldest is in my cub pack and is over 8 but would still take up one of my spaces because I have to drive to school and cannot fit anymore in the car:( . son I have known since he was 1 month. Family comes to Family Centre where I work (not friends, acquaintances). BUT I am not going to hold my breath - yet.

She was passed on by a local childminder:)

miffy
07-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Will keep my fingers crossed for you - hope it all works out

Nice to know it was passed on by another childminder

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
07-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Might be worth mentioning to mum that you can offer all three a place if she can guarantee placing all three with you.......

Hope it pans out for you:thumbsup:

manjay
07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Hope it turns out for you!!

Nos Da xx

nell57
07-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Fingers crossed you get all 3:thumbsup:

Helen

tulip0803
07-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Might be worth mentioning to mum that you can offer all three a place if she can guarantee placing all three with you.......

Hope it pans out for you:thumbsup:

She came up with that herself:) . I explained that I would not be able to take the girls yet and explained about the hours that I needed to cover first before I could stop work to enable me to collect from school the other 2 days. SHe then sat working out that if she moved her son it would make it about right:clapping: She is sensible and has always worked using combinations of childminders/nursery/afterschool club. Her hours have changed & the company's moved a bit further away. There is no afterschool club, the childminders are full, except me:D. So she is having a think about moving him as it will disrupt him and he is settled which I can understand totally, he has been at the nursery from 6 months.