PDA

View Full Version : crying child

devoncm
07-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Didnt really know where to put this as she isnt really a mindee, she goes to school with mindee and lives a couple doors away, her mum asked me yesturday about eve care initially for one night but have said could do contract for s and when care if she wants, anyway walking home today lo wanted to come and play and i thought this a gd idea if i was to have her sometimes and also gives my dd someone she knows to play with near home, anyway she only stayed til 4 when mindee on bus turned up but she cried when she had to go, she wanted to stay and play and she really didnt want to leave, never had someone cry before, in the end i had to pick her up and carry her across the road telling her she can come back later

sarah707
07-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Awww bless! She must have liked your house!

It does happen sometimes... I've had children hide from their parents, run away from them all sorts.

Best to be businesslike - time to go, on with coat, see you next time, bye! :D

gemmcd
07-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I have 2 crying children! 1 who cries when his Mum leaves and then throughout the day if I dare take 1 step away from him (that is wearing!)
The other is full of energy, is very happy and the moment her mum arrives to collect her she cries! It's the only time she cries and I see it as a compliment! It happens every day and she often runs and hides too! Her Mum has to literally pick her up and carry her to the car as she is wailing away!

Anyway the 2nd child is the more preferrable believe me!

Gx

Nettynoo
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
I am in the same position!! I have 7 different children throughout the week and not one of them ever wants to go home!!! I find it really embarrassing as I have only been a childminder since for 7 weeks now and still finding my feet!!! 9 year old girl stands at locked front door and says 'oh no, its my Mum already!!!' Can't imagine how Mum feels after a day at work!!!!! Have a 4.5 year old boy who I almost started a safeguarding record on as on day 3 of being with me, ran into a corner and shook and screamed 'don't let her take me'. He was really crying and screaming and I didn't know what to do!!!!! Apart from stopping being fun and making them have a miserable time(which obviously we can't do!!) I think you just have to be brave and give them a warning that parent will be here soon so that they are forewarned and hope it wears off soon!!!! Good luck and if you find a magic solution, please let us all know!!!