PDA

View Full Version : Why do parents think it's ok to send a sick child

Rainy
07-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Some of you may remember a thread a couple of months ago about a mindee who had a sickness bug but his mum only bothers to tell me about after the event.

The first time he had one she phoned me half way though the day to see how he was as she said he had been sick in the night. He was fine that day but obviously still contagious. I then caught this bug.
The second time she didn't bother to tell me about it until she picked him up that night. Again he had been sick the night before. That time i gave her another copy of my sickness policy underlining the do not bring him for at least 24 hours bit.
Yesterday his dad dropped him off and said nothing about him being ill but when he left and i opened up the contact book, his mum had written that he seemed to have an upset tummy so had put him in Nappy's instead of pants(we are in the middle of potty training). He was fine all day so i didn't send him home but i did reply in contact book that she must keep him home if he has a bug.
Now, today he has been fine all morning then at 12pm he had diarrhoea. He then started his lunch and half way through started crying saying he has pain in his tummy and wanted to be sick. I have tried phoning both mum and Dad 3 times but both seem to be ignoring my calls.

I know it's hard for them to keep coming out of work but at the end of the day it's their child. Just recently he has had 3 rotten colds and bronchilitis so he has been more poorly than normal but all he wants is to be with his parents.

Anyway she has just returned my call - only took 1 1/2 hours. She is picking him up at 2.30 so at least i haven't got to drag the poor child on the school run.
Luckily he is my only mindee today but hopefully me or my DS won't get it.

sarah707
07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I really feel for you... I hope you don't get this one!

Btw... revise your policy ... it's 48 hours for sickness & diarrhea from last bout.

Poor you! xx

Andrea08
07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
ohhh dear this happens too much with all of us,
i was off ill with no pay for 2 weeks after catching a virus off the mindees
NOT HAPPY and SKINT!!!

now i just ring and say what time you comming to pick your child up please as you know he is not well and should not be mixing with me or the tiny babies!!

hope he feels better soon and you dont get ill xxx

Heaven Scent
07-10-2008, 01:15 PM
....... because they pay us so we can take anything that some of them feel fit to throw at us and I think parents are getting worse instead of better in this rspect.

katickles
07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
I have 48 hours in my policy so prevent me or mindees catching anything.

I also hope that this time you don't catch anything. I never understand parents who do this as if you close they will be just as stuck for childcare as they would have been had they just taken a day off in the first place :rolleyes:

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/21/2155/215587.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

Rainy
07-10-2008, 02:39 PM
She has picked him up and said "i knew he wasn't right because he kept saying he felt sick last night"
I'm not due to have him tomorrow anyway but as she left she said "see you Thursday"

WE WILL SEE................................

sarahstanbridge
07-10-2008, 05:42 PM
i collected j from nursery yesterday as an extra to her contract as parents had overtime. when i got her home she didnt really want her dinner and was just not her happy self. although she did perk up when a my other 2.5 year old turned up. when her mum collected at 2.45 i told her she hadnt eaten and was not quite herself - she then told me she was sick the day before twice but she is ok as later she ate all her diner and kept it down. so she had been throwing up less than 24 hopurs before she was taken to nursery and then to me. have given her a copy of my sickness policy today. she looked at it and said i have this at home i dont need this copy!!! arghhhhhhh parents!!!

sarah32
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Im going through this with one of my parents at moment.:mad:

He had so many many bad nappies in one day and when collected said I thought he was unwell that he might have a stomach upset. She agreed he didnt seem right but as usual bought him then next day because mum thought it was a teething bum and he hadnt had anymore bad nappies.

Got quite angry and replied thats because he did them all with me yesterday.

I thinking of re typing my sickness policy that if they bring a sick child to me and I or my children catch it and I end up closing Im still to be paid. Its not fair.
:(