PDA

View Full Version : how long between children?

butterfly
07-10-2008, 12:36 PM
i only have one under 5 space but i'm full all day with 3 children coming at diff times. how long would you leave between each one? my worry is that a parent will be late and the next will arrive and i'll be over my ratio

sarah707
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I like at least an hour overlap... so I can get a coffee and do quick tidy up in between as well :D

Andrea08
07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
do you have contracts with times etc?
if a parent is late it is not your fault
if a parent is too early putting you over your numbers ask them to wait until contract time.

Ofsted will look at this as organisation, and sometimes accidents happen and parents can be late,

it is hard to fit in extra children around the par-timers and when we need the money its hard to turn work away.

i'd look hard at your time table and if you feel you can slot in extra children do it but put in writing to parents the importance of time keeping

good luck xx

wendywu
07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
If there has been an emergency and you have ended up over numbers just phone Ofsted and inform them. Its not a problem as long as they know. Or just donr answer the door.:)

butterfly
07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
what do you think oftsed would like? 1/4 hour, 1/2 hour.

i suppose i can't contract one to leave at 1pm and one to start at 1pm?

buildingblocks
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
I would say a minimum of 30 mins. This allows 15 min grace either side but personally if one parent was running late I am afraid my parents know I would not let the second child be left. Wouldn't be risking my registration that is why I allow 1 hour. Did do this with 2 families and allowed 30 mins but both families were told that if over running child couldn't be left but it never happened.