PDA

View Full Version : hand. foot and mouth

tomthumb
07-10-2008, 12:31 PM
What does it look like? I think my baby has got it. It looks like small spots with a bit of white in middle annd she seems to have them on mouth, on hands and arms a little bit and few on feet. And she has been miserable for the past two days. It is just one thing after the next and the parents of mindees are not going to be impressed...

Thanks in advance for advice

Elodie X

HFC
07-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Check Google images. we had a worry about a child and printed off a photo from there.

Andrea08
07-10-2008, 12:38 PM
never mind d parents get your baby to see the doctor hun it could be anything and if baby is upset any cream Dr or nurse can give will help,

huggs for baby coffee 4 you!! now telephone yr Dr. kk
good luck hope baby well soon xxxxx

sarah707
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
It's definitely the poorly season just now isn't it?

I hope she gets better soon... xx

And don't worry about the others, if they're going to catch it they will have it by now! :rolleyes:

jellytot
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
i would get her checked, hope she feels better soon

tomthumb
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
and the doctor doesn't open before 15:30! It definitively looks like hand foot and mouth....will call later and have it confirmed!

Elodie X

Rainy
07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
My son had this a few years ago. Basically it is blisters in the mouth, soles of feet including between toes and palms of hands including in between fingers.
The doctor will need to know, when my DS had it he had to report it to enviromental health (i think) because there was a outbreak and It is really contagious.

Heaven Scent
07-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Sorry I can't help don't know what it looks like, I do know that my friends son got it a lot - apparently he used to pick it up at mums and tots.

tomthumb
07-10-2008, 07:02 PM
doctor didn't want to say. It could be a viral infection, reaction to chemicals from her inhaler or maybe hand foot and mouth but didn't want to say anything for sure. Always leaves me in the dark and then I end up sounding really silly when I call the parents!
Mindee is on second week with me and already I have had to cancel a day and a half last week as my baby had come up with rash. I feel really bad! Mum has just gone back to work as well so not really ideal.
Thanks for your advice

Elodie X