PDA

View Full Version : VOLUNTARY REGISTER

HELEN10
16-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi

I have rejoined on this site but was a member on the old one.

Does anyone know whether we definitely have to pay the £100 to put our
over 8's on the register or is it right that i have read somewhere that we
get government help? Also is it a yearly fee and if so does anyone know how
much?

Thanks

sarah707
16-01-2008, 09:42 AM
It hasn't happened yet, it is still in the consultation period. I got this letter from another site - it is not my work - but I was going to post it today anyway as I think it deserves our consideration and maybe (just maybe) if enough of us fight against it, our voices will be heard ... :D

<<Your address details>>

Consultation Unit
Department for Children Schools and Families
Area 1A
Castle View House
East Lane
Runcorn
Cheshire
WA7 2GJ

<<Date>>

Childcare Act 2006: Future Approach to Fees and Subsidies consultation

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am concerned about the proposal from the Department for Children, Schools and Families to introduce much higher registration and annual fees for childminders from 2008.

The proposal is to raise the fee for registering on the Ofsted Childcare Register (OCR), compulsory for childminders looking after children aged 5-7, from £15 to £103 from September 2008.

It also proposes to introduce staged increases in registration fees for the Early Years Register (EYR), compulsory for childminders looking after children from birth to 5. This increase will be from £20 in 2007 to £100 in 2010.

There are several reasons that I am concerned by this proposed increase:

1. I run a small business as a childminder and such a huge, and sudden, increase in registration fees will have a significant impact on my business. There are already significant costs to setting up a childcare business and this additional financial burden may put off new childminders, as well as causing existing childminders to consider whether they wish to continue childminding.

2. A large increase like this will force many childminders out of business. With fewer childminders working, the duty on local authorities to provide a range of childcare places for parents will be more difficult to fulfil.

3. Linked to the above is the danger of an increase in unregistered providers, thereby endangering the safety of children and dramatically undermining the increasing quality of registered childminders.

For these reasons I urge you to reconsider your proposals and retain the current level of subsidies for all providers.

Yours faithfully,

<< your name>>

angeldelight
16-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Good idea thanks for that Sarah

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 11:07 AM
great letter Sarah will send one sometime next week when get round to it ....LOL but will definately do it.

xxx

Trouble
16-01-2008, 01:17 PM
thanks an excellent letter:jump for joy:

nat1664
16-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks Sarah

I have just done it and printed it out, will pop in the post later :)

carolinel
18-01-2008, 03:03 PM
only just seen this. I will definately send a letter. I think the suggested fees are extortionate.

miffy
18-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks sarah

I've copied/pasted and will send off

Miffy xx

Shirlwith3
19-01-2008, 08:37 AM
I had this letter emailed to me and have emailed it back.
Shirl

Cammie Doodle
19-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I had letter Emailed to me via NCMA which I filled in and returned :thumbsup:

hello kitty
25-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi, great letter I have printed it off and will pass it on to several local childminders who are not members of this forum. Hopefully large numbers of complaints might have some effect on those who make decisions.;)

Pipsqueak
27-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks Sarah - thats great. I have printed it of and I shall be asking all my cm friends to send one too.

John
27-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks Sarah

Thats great. I have printed it of :)

Understand :blush:

HELEN10
10-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks, Sarah, looks a very good letter, will definately post and hand
some to other childminding friends.

Helen