PDA

View Full Version : glued wounds - advice please!!!!!

kindredspirits
06-10-2008, 08:16 PM
some of you may have read my post today re. george my 18 month old son who spun over and gashed his head open at the back. the wound has been glued, but he's been pulling at the glue all evening. As we're going to ibiza tomorrow so long as he shows no sign of concussion, I am wondering if any of you have had any experience with glued wounds. If he pulls the glue off, but it doesn't start to bleed again, is it ok to leave it alone, or should i still get him seen??

Annie_T
06-10-2008, 08:21 PM
my girl had her head glued at roughly same age. I think he be ok hun long it dont bleed to much, it fals out anyhow but as wound heals.

if your concerned call doc or someone and ask .. im sure calling hospital direct wont harm just find out.

sarah707
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I would ask nhs direct.

There are 2 things glue does - it helps prevent scarring and it helps keep infection out...

Take advice xx

LittleAcorns
06-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Hiya

I would get advice, my daughter had to have her eyebrow glued after a full thickness cut, and they said to leave alone for 0ne week, if it did get wet/picked etc to get it re-done whether it bled or not, get it checked, I hope I've not put a dampener on, but Amber had no scarrs because it was left to heal ;) xx

angeldelight
07-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Hope you got it sorted

Have a lovely holiday

Angel xx

HFC
07-10-2008, 08:47 AM
My son had a very deep gash glued on his head and picked it out after a day or so. It was fine - they said they wouldn't do anything then anyway as you are likely to be glueing/stiching bugs into it. Best just to keep the area clean. It didn't bleed when he removed the glue.