PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the children gone???

melanieabigail2004
06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
I am bored of advertising everywhere (post office window, flyers out to local kindergarten, posters in my car)! I am fed up with boring everyone I meet and telling them I am a childminder! I am depressed that I am getting hits on website but no 'real' enquiries. Where have all the children gone- can someone tell them to come back as I have vacancies that I would really like to fill!!!

Whinge over!

Mel :(

cher25
06-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Hope you get a call real soon.

Cher

Rasharoon
06-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Mel
You have my full sympathy as I'm in the same position as you. I've advertised all over, people know I'm a childminder and where I live, everyone seems to know everyone, but nothing.
Let's hope things start to look up for us soon.
Chin up.
x

FizzysFriends
06-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Im in the same position, I think we the mindees are like busses.

marian
06-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Try to keep positive.
Hope the fone rings soon
Marian x

Jules27
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Ditto!! When i did my ICP was told they are crying out for childmimders as so many are apparently giving up... ten how come i've only 2 very part timers??????

roseybev
06-10-2008, 09:23 PM
things are quiet just now in some areas i dont thing it will get busy now till after christmas which is no good to anyonebut i know that 5 miles down the road is realy busy i also think this money prob in the country is not helping hang in the girls it will get better but i would look at other childminders in your area and see if there busy before giving up.

Schnakes
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
You have my sympathies. Ive got a full time space coming up in January and Im dreading not being able to fill it. Its been quiet as the grave round here too. Too many stay at home mums. How can they afford it?! Get back to work, mums!!!

Sx

sarahstanbridge
07-10-2008, 05:44 PM
im in the same postion too. not had a proper enquiry for months. am even considereing delivering kleeneze brochures to help make ends meet!!

HFC
07-10-2008, 05:51 PM
There are a few childminders looking here but apparently there was an article in the local paper stating there was a shortage of minders!! We were flabbergasted :eek: