PDA

View Full Version : Becareful of childrens websites

Mrs.L.C
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I just thought id let you all know what happened last week after my after schoolers were on the laptop and warn others. All children are over 8 so I left them to it whilst sorting out the younger 2. Anyway they were on the Kidzpage site which is full of kids games and I caught them whispering and sniggering. When I looked there were half naked women scrolling across the top.

I asked them where they got the site from as we have protection on the laptop to stop them searching this kind of site and as they showed me, they had managed to click on a link on the children's website that took them to the page.

I was shocked to see this happen from a childrens webpage. Iv upped the security so the children cant click on any links and cant access any pages unless I authorize it (a right pain when children are using it for homework). Im just glad I use the laptop in the same room that im in

Silverrose
06-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Google, facebook and another i can't rember. they are teaming together to make the internet safe for youngests. so lets hope they hurry up hay, and get the new idea going asp :jump for joy:

sarah707
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
It's quite scary how a few clicks can lead them to other places.

I use www.k9webprotection.com on all the computers... but it's always a worry.

Annie_T
06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
oh not good, least you sorted it hun x

angeldelight
07-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the warning

Angel xx