PDA

View Full Version : conkers

Raggydolls
06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
does anyone have anything specific they have or do with the kids reguarding conkers. me and my mindee found one walking on the way home from school and it got me thinking on doing a conker activity. maybe looking for a horse chesnut tree colouring page or collecting a leaf from the tree and doing some printing that way, apart from taking a pic or painting it im stuck for ideas, lol.

leanne
xx

gemmcd
09-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi - I did some conker printing - it was ok - they ended up using their hands more! I tried to get them to dip conker in paint and then roll it around on the paper.

Tomorrow we will be burying conkers in a messy tray and they have to try and find them and I also have a conker playdough activity planned where they have to make the conker shell out of playdough.

Oh and we will be leaving the left overs for the animals at the bottom of garden and seeing if they came and collected them the following day!

PixiePetal
09-10-2008, 01:07 PM
We did conker printing.

Cut the front off a cereal box, put paper inside and rolled the painty conkers about. J loved it. :) Could throw the box away at the end too so not too much to wash up.

Jen

gemmcd
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM
That sounds more fun than mine! As said my conker printing was only half successful in how they ended up just using their hands! May do the cereal box thing next week - will have to go on another conker hunt first though!

mjw
12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
my mindees just love threading activities so today I have drilled holes in all my conkers and tomorrow they can make conker necKlaces, snakes, worms etc and little do they know they are improving their hand eye coordination in preparation for writing(CLL) (PD) (CD) learning about sizes of conkers(PRSN) sharing(PSED) learning about Autumn(KUW)
I can put my feet up for the rest of the week!!!:laughing:
Mary

PixiePetal
12-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Don't you just love it when an activity ticks all the boxes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jen