PDA

View Full Version : Quick help please

crazybones
06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Mindee's mum has just rung to tell me when she dropped 6 year old off at school this am she was upset and crying because mum is away on a course until Wed evening. I am just after any ideas of what I can do with her after school to make her feel better about mum being away.

I have printed off a map which shows Liverpool and Cardiff (which is where mum is) so I can show her exactly where mum is. Any other ideas I can prepare quickly before 3 pm? Thanks.

Trouble
06-10-2008, 12:52 PM
what about making her a special box or bag and put some chocs in it with a card?

or make her some flowers out of tissue

berkschick
06-10-2008, 12:52 PM
How about the countdown caterpillar someone else was talking about?

Countdown till Mum gets back.

Saranotts
06-10-2008, 12:54 PM
What about getting her to make a bunch of flowers for mum, for when she returns. All you need is some coloured tissue paper and pipe cleaners.

Sara

Good luck

Saranotts
06-10-2008, 12:55 PM
what about making her a special box or bag and put some chocs in it with a card?

or make her some flowers out of tissue

doh.... you were quicker at typing than me :laughing:

Silverrose
06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
i geus littlens new, thats hard u need to gain her trust, being crative is a great way, letting littlen chose dinner and pudding, rember distraction is the key to minding :) all the best of luck
peace out
ps make the juice cool with things like funnky straws, dinner makes smiley face etc... :jump for joy:

Pipsqueak
06-10-2008, 01:30 PM
How about learning some Welsh words? Just simple ones like I love you, Mum, Hello.... - I am sure some of our Welsh ladies on here could help out, or an online translator?

Doing some Dragons - they are associated with Wales

crazybones
06-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Thank you all. Think we will do a card/pic with a welsh greeting for mum - we have 3 nights to perfect it and I have found a necklace kit for her to make mum a gift. IF THIS SCREAMER EVER SHUTS UP TODAY :panic: :panic: :panic: She stayed at Grandparents all weekend as parents were away and I am getting the backlash.

wendywu
06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Lots of hugs and cuddles and comfort. Thats if she is a cuddly type.:)

crazybones
06-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Mindee's mum has just rung to tell me when she dropped 6 year old off at school this am she was upset and crying because mum is away on a course until Wed evening. I am just after any ideas of what I can do with her after school to make her feel better about mum being away.

I have printed off a map which shows Liverpool and Cardiff (which is where mum is) so I can show her exactly where mum is. Any other ideas I can prepare quickly before 3 pm? Thanks.

:update: Dad phoned after school to see if his daughter was ok. I put her on the phone and she told him I had given her a map to show where mummy was and we looked on PC to see how many miles away Cardiff was and we were in the middle of making a necklace for mummy. Dad arrived 15 mins early with a bottle of wine for moi and sweets for my boys. :D Obviously I have had to open the wine - It would be rude not to. :blush:

CCJD
06-10-2008, 06:27 PM
How fantastic is this and what better advert for childminders than this perfect example of the kind of thoughtful, individually tailored, loving care a child can receive with a childminder rather than an after school club or nursery.

This child is very lucky to have such a caring and thoughtful childminder and I bet her parents will treasure you more than ever.

katickles
06-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Just read this thread Annie - thats lovely of dad, glad he made you feel appriciated x

I also think its a lovely idea what you have done for the lo btw

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/21/2155/215587.png (http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/)

fishbones1
06-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Bless how nice of dad to show his appriciation, shame it doesn't happen all the time!!!

You obviously helped her out and settled her down with finding mummy on the map well done you.:clapping:

emler
06-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Well done Annie - Dad obviously realises what a fantastic job you are doing for his family :thumbsup: Hope you are enjoying the wine :D

crazybones
06-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Well done Annie - Dad obviously realises what a fantastic job you are doing for his family :thumbsup: Hope you are enjoying the wine :D

He is a Kop season ticket holder - he knows class when he sees it :laughing: :laughing:

emler
06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I thought he sounded like a lovely man - the season ticket just proves it :D