PDA

View Full Version : advice on placement

tomthumb
05-10-2008, 08:26 PM
My neighbourg stopped me the other day and asked me if her daughter, who is in year 10, could come and help out in the evening with mindees (free of charge) as she is after a work placement. She has already done one at a nursery and is looking at doing another one.
I told her I will look into it and let her know.
I am not sure if I can do it, and if i do, will she need a CRB? She should be 15 so still ok agewise? Also, will I need to get permission from the parents?
If you have ever done it, do you know what I need to do? I would really like to help her out (although in the 3 years I have lived here, she has never spoken to me and I don't even know what her daughter looks like) but if it implies a lot of 'work' I don't think I am up for it, I have enough as it is!!

Anyway, thanks for your advice

Elodie X

PixiePetal
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I would be interested too as my daughter is in year 10. She could help me !! :laughing:

Jen

sarah707
05-10-2008, 09:03 PM
My dd did a day with me recently.

I wrote to all parents and explained what was happening.

I reassured them that she would not be left alone with children or in charge of their intimate needs.

She came with me to singing group, helped with lunch and then wanted to go off and see her friends...

I made her work right up to when the last mindee left at 6! :laughing:

roseybev
06-10-2008, 08:54 AM
a girl contacted me about a placement so i contacted care commison ,its not that easy they said ,wait for it because she is under 16 she would be included in my numbers is 15 by the way.and they then asked why would she want to do childminding she would be better in a nursey i tryed in explain she wanted to do childminding first then going to college next year to do nursey coures that did not help they then said again that she would be included in my numbers .:mad: i wish i hadnt bothered phoneing tryed to do the right thing and you get no where:censored: