View Full Version : How Do I?

Little Pumpkins
15-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Have my spare bedroom registered to use as a sleep room?

I have a spare room which I have now decided I would like to use as a sleep / quiet room.

How do I get this room registered.

Also can my two double wardrobes remain in the room or should I get rid of one or both.

Thanks Anna

15-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I think you have to have a smoke alarm wired to the mains if you use a second floor... but I might be wrong.

Apart from that, you'll need a risk assessment and fire assessment for how you'll all get out in an emergency and a baby monitor... shouldn't think the wardrobes will be a problem except if there's no space... you'll need to show you can check on sleeping babies while also looking after little ones downstairs...

Gosh, i'd give Ofsted a ring and ask advice... 08456 40 40 40 :D

15-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I think Sarah's covered all the angles for you Anna

Good luck

Miffy xx

15-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Good Luck Anna

I agree with what has been said already

Angel xx

16-01-2008, 03:03 AM
I agree withwhat Sarah has said, phone OFSTED and they'll tell you for sure though x

Little Pumpkins
16-01-2008, 09:07 AM

I called and its called a variation

I have to write in saying that I want to use the room, send measurements, risk assessments etc.

Luckily I have a smoke alarm wired into the mains on all three levels of the house so thats an easy thing to tick off

Cant believe I didnt think of using it as a sleep room when they came to inspect


16-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Good luck with it Anna

Angel xx

16-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I got reg for the whole house when I started the inspector recommended it to me:D

My upstairs fire alarm isn't hard wired though? not heard that one before, I do my weekly checks but why would they let me use upstairs if that was the case?

Anyway hehe good luck with your varition