PDA

View Full Version : Arranged a cleaner!

Bushpig
05-10-2008, 11:36 AM
OK, I have done it - yay!!! Organised a cleaner.
3 hours at £9 an hour, every 2 weeks.

I can still take care of usual cleaning/tidying with 4 under 4s, and hubby does hoovering, but she will get to the nitty gritty and the shoulder work - in the kitchen and bathroom primarily. I have asthma so strong cleaning materials are out of the question for me, plus I have a recovering tennis elbow injury from last year, so I have to be careful with not straining my right arm too much.

I am really delighted about this - hope she's nice!!! :clapping:

claires
05-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Ooooh lucky you! We have a fairy that does all my housework, washing, ironing etc..... Or thats what my family think!!!!!!:rolleyes:

sarah707
05-10-2008, 12:30 PM
:laughing: I've never thought of myself as a fairy before! :laughing:

Well done you for organising it! :clapping:

Did you go through an agency or a recommendation?

Bushpig
05-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I looked on Netmums! :)

I hope she works out!

donnahay0
05-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Good for you - just make sure you check the work she does and let her know if you are happy then she will know exactly what is expected of you.

Bushpig
05-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I am a list person and will state exactly what needs doing :) I always do this. I last used a cleaner last year - the one my sister still uses... but she talked SO MUCH to me (and did not work)... I was busy recuperating and wasn't working, so was *available* to chat? ;)... she didn't do half of what I wanted her to do. I then thought it best for me to try and do it all myself, but it's gotten a bit much, esp as I have 4 under 4s.

ziggy
05-10-2008, 06:53 PM
I have had a cleaner since i started minding a month ago, my daughter doesnt think she does it as well as me but i'm happy enough. Feel a lot less stressed now that my weekends arent just cleaning and tidying!!!

I pay her £15 for 2 hours once a week, i take children out to the park, soft play place or other childminders while she's here so she can get on in peace.

I think it is well worth £15 of what i earn doing a 40 hour week

sandra

tomthumb
05-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I posted not so long ago about getting a cleaner and even contacted one but has not arranged anything yet. My house is so messy I will be embarassed and probably tidy up and clean before she comes!!
I keep on thinking as I do it everyday anyway, what is the point? Mind you, the one I called was charging £10 an hour and did not do ironing. I would like someone who does a bit of everything really!
arrgh difficult decision!!

Well done you for doing it though!

Elodie X

angeldelight
06-10-2008, 06:56 AM
We already have a cleaner in our house

ME ME ME

Angel xx

Bushpig
06-10-2008, 07:33 AM
I posted not so long ago about getting a cleaner and even contacted one but has not arranged anything yet. My house is so messy I will be embarassed and probably tidy up and clean before she comes!!
I keep on thinking as I do it everyday anyway, what is the point? Mind you, the one I called was charging £10 an hour and did not do ironing. I would like someone who does a bit of everything really!
arrgh difficult decision!!

Well done you for doing it though!

Elodie X

Everyday cleaning won't stop... gosh, with lil ones, it never does, does it? :)

For £10 I would definately expect her to do ironing.

Her coming once every two weeks will take care of the heavy elbow grease stuff that I am not able to do due to asthma and arm injury. A HUGE relief :) Hubby does a lot of cleaning too (bless him), and works a 6 day week, sometimes 7 days... so this helps us both. Well worth the £££!!!

Pedagog
06-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Well done for taking the plunge.

roseybev
06-10-2008, 08:29 AM
its a great idear my other childminding friend gets a cleaner so she can do her childminding stuff when she in :)

Bushpig
07-10-2008, 06:14 AM
I do think it'll be so worth it. Just hope she is good!

angeldelight
07-10-2008, 06:18 AM
I also think its worth it lucky you Jen

If shes no good at least you can try someone else

Think I might suggest this to hubby see what he says - I can just imagine the look on his face ha

Angel xx

Bushpig
16-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Some feedback - she came, she cleaned, she conquered!!! :clapping: