PDA

View Full Version : Take a deep breath.........

Rach30
15-01-2008, 08:30 PM
:idea: Does reading the EYFS posts make you feel panicy ? It does me :) I just think i've got my head around it and then someone posts something and i'm off down the 'OMG how am i going to do that?' route again . So i think its important that we take a moment.......

Take a dep breath everyone and remind yourselves that we a blimmin' good childminders ,cos we wouldn't be on here looking for advice , ideas and support if we weren't ! We do a hard job for poor pay and not always much thanks . And why do we do it ? Cos we love it and we are GOOD at it . :thumbsup:

Yes the EYFS is diffrent . But i'm sure the very core of it is what we are doing already . And the dodgey bits will either be ironed out or we will find a way round them or a way to cope cos thats what we do best . If you are feeling un-sure of yourself take a look thru your care standards and i bet you can think of loads of ways you cover each one everyday, which proves we are doing it correctly .

So smile , think positive and most of all........Don't let the B@s#@*d get you down !:laughing: :clapping: :clapping:

That is the end of my motivation speach lol . I'm now gonna have a nice cuppa tea and a big chunk of chocolate :D :D

jmoff
15-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Excellent speech!
I havent got my head round it either (hope it makes you feel better):)

Jana x

sarah707
15-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Did you used to be a motivational speaker in a former life?

That's an excellent way of looking at it... exactly what I try and remember when I get bogged down too! :D

son77
15-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Ha Ha, couldn't of said it better myself!

I think the trouble is that they make it all sound so complicated, all we need are some simple indicators of how to record what they want to see.

I'm sure it will all fall into place (eventually??)

ajs
15-01-2008, 09:46 PM
well said
i haven't even looked at it yet though i am on a training on the 30th i'll look then and then panic

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 03:10 AM
that was very inspiratonal thank you x

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
16-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Well said thank you xxx

Trouble
16-01-2008, 12:49 PM
scares me our part has been cancelled up here so we have no idea what is going on:eek:

Rubybubbles
16-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Your right:clapping: , (but still feeling out of depth:laughing: )

Blaze
16-01-2008, 06:22 PM
LOL! I met a woman in town yesterday...complete stranger ...she came over & said that she was registering etc she also mentioned that she was a teacher & on maternity leave, but not going back...I said about her being used to the paperwork & EYFS ...& she said oh that will be NO PROBLEM...poor love hasn't a clue!!!!:laughing:
Tasha:)

jo f
16-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I have just been to my first EYFS course tonight, now bare in mind
I haven't got my head round the other milarky yet I think it will be a lot easier with everything in the one place. Gutted I'll have to re do (or at least tweak) my policies! Just don't know where I'm going to find the time to do anythin! I suppose if I spent less time on here!!!!!!!

miffy
17-01-2008, 08:03 AM
The bromley site is great and has lots of info about EYFS

www.bromleycma.org.uk

and I believe Sarahnev is putting a planning book together and

as someone else said we do a lot of it already it's just fitting it into the new framework.

And the bit that really cheers me up is, I've heard, Ofsted are panicing more than us :laughing:

miffy xx

Banana
17-01-2008, 08:10 AM
lol

very good.... im not worried at all now :D

xx

bubbly
17-01-2008, 10:24 AM
The Planning Booklet and Obs. Booklet on the Bromley site look good. Has anyone got these and are they any good?

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/payments/

Rach30
17-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Ofsted are panicing more than us ?? :laughing: :laughing: Thats good then , we can tell them what to do instead lol