PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Halloween

shelly04
04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone had fab ideas for art and craft activities and baking for Halloween.

Shelly
x

Chatterbox Childcare
04-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Have a look at www.activityvillage.com and school express

If not search google for Halloween and loads will appear

emmadines
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone had fab ideas for art and craft activities and baking for Halloween.

Shelly
x

ive place a couple on this bit and a couple on the other activity bits

mrsb
05-10-2008, 04:33 PM
http://halloween.momsbreak.com/

This one looks quite good :D

busylizzie
10-10-2008, 08:33 PM
A quick and easy little craft I did last year the children liked was pumpkin masks......let them paint a paper plate orange (have a real pumpkin handy so they can see,feel,smell,handle it etc) then cut two little triangle eyes out of the plate(that matches their eyes) a little triangle nose and stick on a black cut out pumpkin shaped mouth.Tape an icelolly stick to the back so they can hold it up to their faces and be a pumpkin:)

madasahatter
10-10-2008, 08:47 PM
For the last few years we've made halloween ghost pinatas which are great fun. Blow up a large balloon, cover with several layers of newspaper and glue (paper mache) and a final layer of white paper. When dry (a couple of days) burst the balloon, put in lots of wrapped sweets. At this stage I stick some cardboard inside near the top where I am going to thread string through, as reinforcement. Thread string through and then cover the hole with several layers of glue and newspaper and a layer of white paper. (I string it before covering the hole as it is easier to thread the string through if you can get your hands inside the pinata). Finally take a couple of sheets of white tissue paper and glue them on so they drape, making a ghost shape. When dry draw on a face with black marker pen. On the day we hang it from the top of a door frame or in the tree outside (depending on the weather) and the kids have great fun taking turns at bashing it (we use a 2ft bamboo cane) until it splits and everyone scrabbles for the sweets (then share them out evenly). It always amazes me how long the pinata lasts before it splits (usually a good half hour of frantic bashing)

miffy
14-10-2008, 08:10 PM
http://halloween.momsbreak.com/

This one looks quite good :D

Great site - thank you

Miffy xx