PDA

View Full Version : Moving House

MrsT333
04-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi all,

me and hubby have 3 kids and we are slowly outgrowing our home! We have been thinking about selling ours and getting a bigger, house.

Would I still be registered when I moved, would ofsted have to come out and inspect it first before i could carry on minding?

Has anyone been through this? Advice would be great.

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
04-10-2008, 03:56 PM
When I moved I informed Ofsted and they came out within a week, so quickly in fact that I hadn't emptied the boxes and they had to come again

I didn't have to go through full registrtion just a house check over

roseybev
04-10-2008, 11:45 PM
when i moved the care commison would not let me mind until they had come out and did all the checks again.so i would give them plently notice:)

charleyfarley
05-10-2008, 06:22 AM
When I moved here I informed Ofsted I was moving they then sent me a form asking if everything was in place to mind, which I signed and sent back.

I got my certificate a few weeks later, so no they didn't come out and inspect this house. I had had an inspection a few months before moving though and I think that's why they didn't inspect me here.

My friend did get inspected when she moved though

Carol xx

Honeybear
01-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi I have moved called ofsted and wrote them a letter with all my details ect telling them I have moved (august 08) have heard nothing since still got my old paper work .I called again as its 2 months know still haven't got my name on the local list of childminders and have no children , i'm more than a little dishearted haven't been working for 2 months know and think i may have to get a job . Any advice ? Alison :(

sarah707
01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi I have moved called ofsted and wrote them a letter with all my details ect telling them I have moved (august 08) have heard nothing since still got my old paper work .I called again as its 2 months know still haven't got my name on the local list of childminders and have no children , i'm more than a little dishearted haven't been working for 2 months know and think i may have to get a job . Any advice ? Alison :(

I've just answered on your other thread :D

tulip0803
01-11-2008, 04:40 PM
There is some info on Bromley site
http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/Moving_Home_Article.doc

loocyloo
01-11-2008, 06:43 PM
i moved house 2 1/2 yrs ago ... i rang ofsted and said i was going to be moving house ... what did i need to do?

i had to write and tell them the moving date and they sent me a new certificate for the new address a few days after i moved in, along with a letter saying that if i had any concerns over the new house/safety etc, to contact them and they would be out to inspect, or, if i was happy, they were too!

so my inspector came out 2 1/2 weeks ago ... asked if any changes since my last inspection? i said, yes, i moved house 2 1/2 yrs ago! she was surpirsed they hadn't been to visit!

the only other thing was the public liability insurance. i spoke to them & ncma, and they said in that i had given them (& ofsted) my new address, i was covered, but if i wanted my insurance certificate to have my new address on, i would have to pay something like £15/20 !!!!

good luck! x

Scarlett
02-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Ofsted didn't inspect me when I moved in January (I only registered in November/December). I just had to confirm that I had completed a risk assessment and they were happy to send my new certificate.