PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone take Childcare Vouchers?

Chatterbox Childcare
04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I recently spoke with numerous new parents looking for care and I am amazed at the amount of carers that don't tell them about the vouchers?

I always tell them as it is another way to encourage them to come to me.

What do you do?

DudleyChildmind
04-10-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't know much about the vouchers to be honest :blush:

Pauline
04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I have it written into my paperwork that if they get vouchers through work then I can accept them and also mention it when they come to visit. :)

kiddiwinks
04-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I did not know alot about them till a new parent asked if i took them last year.
I am registered with 2 company's and do say to parents now as i found it alot easier with this method

Chatterbox Childcare
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't know much about the vouchers to be honest :blush:

They are dead easy to use and are as good as cash - speak to your local CIS as mine had leaflets for employers and employees that I give out to each new prospective parent

kiddiwinks
04-10-2008, 11:56 AM
speak to your local CIS as mine had leaflets for employers and employees that I give out to each new prospective parent

I think ill do that as i just speak to the parents then they find the info.

DudleyChildmind
04-10-2008, 11:58 AM
They are dead easy to use and are as good as cash - speak to your local CIS as mine had leaflets for employers and employees that I give out to each new prospective parent

Thank you very much :)

sarah707
04-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I take vouchers if they are offered... and I encourage parents to ask their companies if they have a voucher scheme

It makes things a lot easier :D

Hannahlg
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM
same herw we take vouchers and also enouge parents to ask at work about them

Heaven Scent
04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Same here I have a parent (stingy mum) who pays full amout through voucher company not just the £243 tax excempt, however her husband works for a German company and won't ask them if thy will do it - its often better for some parents go with tax credits rather than go down the voucher route. Both parents in my other main family use them and pay me the balance in cash. I always mention both vouchers and tax credits to parents some really surpris me by not knowing that they cand use either.

berkschick
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Only 1 of my 9 parents pays cash, all the rest use vouchers and mainly differant schemes from each other! I always mention them at an interview.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Same here I have a parent (stingy mum) who pays full amout through voucher company not just the £243 tax excempt, however her husband works for a German company and won't ask them if thy will do it - its often better for some parents go with tax credits rather than go down the voucher route. Both parents in my other main family use them and pay me the balance in cash. I always mention both vouchers and tax credits to parents some really surpris me by not knowing that they cand use either.

They can have both...

wendywu
04-10-2008, 11:33 PM
When i went to a conference last year and they had a section on the vouchers, they said you had to ( as parents ) weigh it up. They said that the amount paid in vouchers does not add to your pension, it also cannot be included as part of your total earnings when you want a mortgage.

Having said that they are now much more common.:)

mum22
05-10-2008, 06:45 AM
I accept vouchers and do mention it at first visit, I find them easy all round.

miffy
05-10-2008, 07:06 AM
I have it written into my paperwork that if they get vouchers through work then I can accept them and also mention it when they come to visit. :)

I do the same :)

Miffy xx

nannysue
05-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I accept childcare vouchers, they are very easy to use, and best of all you know your payments are going to regular and on time :thumbsup:

Sue x

ruby
05-10-2008, 02:01 PM
we now have 4 lots of parents paying by vouchers its alot easier and if its any different they just give us a cheque

cathy

ajs
05-10-2008, 02:11 PM
When i went to a conference last year and they had a section on the vouchers, they said you had to ( as parents ) weigh it up. They said that the amount paid in vouchers does not add to your pension, it also cannot be included as part of your total earnings when you want a mortgage.

Having said that they are now much more common.:)

sorry i cannot believe that whatever system we use to get paid can affect our ability to get a mortgage or our pensions
we still pay tax on it (or don't depending who does your books) and beause it goes through our banks we're more likely to be honest and not try to hide it
i do take vouchers from 2 different companies and although the money has always been paid on time the confirmation emails don't always come through which just means i need to log onto my bank to check it's there

wendywu
05-10-2008, 03:17 PM
No it does not effect us as minders accepting the vouchers. But for the parents who do not pay tax on the amount, then that amount does not get added into your pension and gets deducted from annual income that counts towards mortgage applicactions.:panic:

Alibali
05-10-2008, 04:20 PM
I love the vouchers and always advise parents about them, it is surprising that parents who have previously used childminders still don't know about the scheme.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-10-2008, 09:25 PM
No it does not effect us as minders accepting the vouchers. But for the parents who do not pay tax on the amount, then that amount does not get added into your pension and gets deducted from annual income that counts towards mortgage applicactions.:panic:

Can't see how that can be. If a person earns £1000 per month before vouchers then tthe total on their P60 at the end of the year would be £12000
Just the tax and NI would be lower

wendywu
05-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Just telling you what we were told a couple of years ago at a Surrey Childminding conference by a woman from Accor.:panic:

wendywu
05-10-2008, 10:50 PM
It states on the goverment site for tax. When entering into a salary sacrifice arrangement to replace part of cash pay that is tax and or NICs exmept it is essential to understand what the sacrifice will mean in practical terms. Employees should consider carefully the effect that a reduction in their pay may have on:
their future right to the original higher cash salary

any pension scheme being contributed to

entitlement to state pension or other benfits such as satutory maternity pay

I do not make these thing up, but was just passing on infomation gained during training:)

PixiePetal
06-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Had my first voucher payment from one family today, redeemed and waiting to check that it gets credited.

Jen:)