PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Parents

Heaven Scent
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm sure some of you are all too aware of how much I moan about my 2 main sets of parents so now I'm going to just mention a few things about all my other p/t parents who on the whole are just lovely.

C's parents are brill - mum works m-f, dad works weekends and has 2 days off in the week and Grandma and I sare the rest around my vacancies. C is an only child 16 mths old and was a surprise baby - didn't think it would ever happen - Dad is so besotted its untrue so when he has C during the week he just carries him everywhere and sits down with him all day - C was slow to walk and can be really hard work whinging to be picked up and yesterday he cried his little heart out every time I had to put him down all because he had just spent 2 days with dad. I spoke to mum about it last night as whenever I have him after dad he is often whingy and she always asks me how was he and she is going to have to get dad to harden up and she gives dad a list of jobs to do while she is at work but he doesn't get any done because he just spends all of his time with C - anyway I had to say to her yesterday that he isn't just moaning its now upsetting him because he doesn't understand that I have to cook dinner and look after the other children so we talked about what she would say to dad and she obviously went home and spoke to him and when he arrived this morning he was all apologetic and he was nearly crying and said it was so hard because he is so mad about him that he just treasures his 2 days with him and he just cant put him down - I felt terrible but I had to say that he really wasn't doing the little fella any favours and in the long run it was making life harder for him, I could tell as he left that he was almost in tears at the thought of it - I told him to get up and do something away from C that might take about 20 mins and then sit and spend 20 mins giving him a cuddle then play with him for a bit and gradually rmove himself from the game and do something away from him for another 20 mins and so on and so forth - I told him that his cuddles were important too - just not all day. I bet he'll be mulling this over in his head all week poor man then spend 2 days giving C non stop cuddles.

When mum has a query with C she comes and asks me for advice and they always pay me first thing on his first day of attendance each week - I even have the receipt written in advance. If they finish work early they pick him up early and if mum has a day off on a day I'm supposed to have him she has him. When dad starts work late he brings him on the way and doesn't drop him off early just because he feel he has paid me for a full day. I don't offer a discount as they are on a daily rate and it would probably work out about the same but its good for me as I can do the school run with 1 less. So its a great big:clapping: for C'c mum and dad.

Then there is A who come on Fri and Sat nights till 10.00 they bring me a chinese meal every time when they pick up always pay up on time though in arrears as they never grasped the advance concept due to the difficulties with 2 languages. A is out of nappies at home ( I only found out last night when I popped in to buy some chicken wings for DD on way back from collecting DS from scouts) Mum mentioned it to me but she said she will continue to send him in pull ups as it may be difficult for me and him to at my house - now thats what I call considerate - now I now I will support her but as he sleeps a lot when he is here I will put him in pull ups while he is asleep and take them off when he is up and about and try to put him on the potty or toilet every now and again. I will also need to teach him the english for toilet functions so he can learn to tell me when he needs to go.

Then I had H&J twin boys who I collected from a local nursery and was contracted to have from 6-7.30 on Tues and Weds (2 evenings to suit me) They were 2 lovely 3 year olds and both parents were brilliant they brought me 2 lovely trampolines that the boys had outgrown on the first week I had them - they were like new. They always paid me on the first day of the week that I had them, they often didn't come because mum made it back from work early but they always paid me regardless and never grumbled. Last week she said these trips to Leeds were getting too much for her and she wanted to give it up on Monday she arrived at the house with a lovely letter of termination and a cheque with 4 weeks money in lieu of notice and was so grateful and complimentary. I am only sad that I didn't get to say good-bye to the boys - I will write a letter to the family this week and say how sad I am that they have left - They hadn't been coming long and although they were contracted for 2 hours they were often only in the house for 20 minutes when someone would pick them up only enough time to have a snack and a wee chat - they loved to have a chat so I have nothing to give them. I also spent quite a bit of time documenting accidents they had at nursery. plus I didn't have them for 2 weeks because one was ill one week and the other had it the next. They also went on holiday to their grandparents twice in that time so I got paid for nothing a lot of the time too all that and not a single moan, groan or demand and nothing but compliments at the end.

I have one more S who again comes odd days when I can fit her in and sometime on a Sat or Sun as mum works in a shop which opens 7 days and dad works shifts they are just the same money up front. I don't make them pay if she doesn't come because its so here and there and I can't always accommodate them for the full time required and she doesn't come every week either - anyway mums mum died a few weeks ago and now mum wants to move back near her family down south and she has handed in her notice at work and they have put the house on the market. They have asked me if I could have Lo if they need me during the move when they need to sort stuff out. These too are fantastic and lovely parents and always so polite and grateful. Mum sometimes times her break at work so she can pop out to see LO when dad picks her up..

I have also got 2 new school children whose parent seem nice enough and pay on time and are usually pleasant to me and grateful for what I do for their children - pick them up early when they can and pay me without quibbling if the children don't come to me. In a way all the nice parents only have 1 child living with them or have only had 1 pregnancy (in the case of the twins) that I know of - I know one lost a baby at 3 moths to Edwards syndrome but it was the child who told me not the mum so I haven't said anything and she is split up from the dad - its all so sad but she is lovely.

Plus all these parents pay me the full amount actually they pay me an enhanced fee in some cases for anti-social hours and pro rata they get a lot less value for their money £ for £ than my main 2 parents who I almost rear their children for and they send to me whether they are off work or not or whether their children are sick or sore,

I don't want you to think I am a perpetual moan who moand for the sake of it about my parents. I do have lovely ones and I think they deserve a mention and a big thank you. I'm not bragging that I have the best parents in the world either its just I feel I moan so much about the others that I should balance the scale a bit.

Phew now that's done I can get on with some serious moaning again:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yummymummy
03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Phew you are a busy bee!
It is great to hear positive stories of parens but I think it's like when you go to a restaurant you wouldn't dream of calling the manager over to say that everything was fine but you would complain when things go wrong!
I think to us it does seem like we moan all the time but it is just letting off steam and the lovely parents far outweigh the horrors and more than make up for them.:thumbsup:

sarah707
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
It is good to hear positive stories...

I think it's good to remember how rewarding the job can be :D