PDA

View Full Version : Meals for a 1 year old.

cher25
03-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi, My 1 year old mindee is now being weaned of the baby food. Last week i gave him what his brother had for tea, which was a potato waffle, fishcake, some lettuce and cucumber and the baby enjoyed feeding himself(using fingers) and ate all of it. I have tried him with various other things his brother has been having eg, soup, mash potato and veg. But the baby just plays with the spoon and wont put it anywhere near his mouth yet so i dont think he is quite ready for that. But i was wondering what kind of things can i feed him? As dad asked me this morning if i can give him proper food for lunch and tea, as he had chicken space shapes and chips last night for tea and ate it himself.

Kes
03-10-2008, 09:34 AM
If he won't let you feed him and is struggling with a spoon then stick to things he can pick up with fingers. Potato wedges, corn on the cob depending on number of teeth he has. Chicken strips, pasta etc. All I can think of for now. Hope that helps.
Kerry

sarah707
03-10-2008, 09:38 AM
To get him used to chewing... any fruit and veg pieces with dips are nice.

The 1 1/2 year old here yesterday ate steak pie (meat cut up small), peas and mash...

He loves pieces of fish or chicken dusted with egg, then bread and baked in the oven with a little oil.

He also makes a wonderful mess with different shapes of pasta and enjoyed a stir fry the other day.

I'd steer clear of those chicken shape things though... have you ever seen how they mechanically separate a chicken? :panic:

fionamal
03-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I have an 11month old who eats the same as us.

He will eat nothing but he has to be spoon fed it but loves it. The other night he had steak with gravy and mashed tatties and veg and cleaned the lot.

Pauline
03-10-2008, 12:17 PM
There are some good recipes on the my website that people have sent in, Angel in particular sent lots of ideas for younger children and they are very healthy and tasty.

You can go via the link at the top of the forum or direct here:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/recipes.html

:)

mandy moo
04-10-2008, 08:33 AM
My mindee is 14mths and still has no teeth.. and he also eats everything, from raw vegatable sticks to meat etc cut up into small bite size pieces, peices..? sorry cant spell..:)
Mandy