PDA

View Full Version : How annoying!!!!!!!

Nettynoo
03-10-2008, 08:31 AM
:angry: Could you please give me some of your super advice?!!!
I have just been told by my new 5 year old mindees dad that they don't need me on Thursdays anymore as he doesn't have to go to Uni that day now!!! he has asked for money back but I have an issue with this as I have just worked really hard to ask ofsted for a variation to have his 3 year old sister as well and was granted it! Told Dad I had variation and girl could start when certificate received but he said don't worry as you can't cover holidays for her!! So, I called ofsted and they said to do another set of ratio grids and a letter explaining situation so I spent another two hours doing this last night only for him to tell me this morning not to worry and to reduce 3 days to two for son!!!!!!Aaaaaagh!!!!
Am I right to stick to my guns and hold on to the money he has paid (month in advance)and say he has to pay for the 3 days until 6 month contract runs out or should I try and compromise ie return half months extra money? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

kindredspirits
03-10-2008, 08:37 AM
my personal opinion would be to hold on to the month in advance and tell him the contract can change after 4 weeks to the 2 days..... just my opinion though, i mean isn't that why we take a deposit?

Pedagog
03-10-2008, 08:41 AM
I would agree assuming you have a 4 week notice period, then 4 weeks at 3 days, then reduce to 2 days.

kiddiwinks
03-10-2008, 08:43 AM
does your contract say 4 weeks notice to end or change contract, if it does then it is yours anyway. I have had parents like that it is so annoying and makes you think why we bother.

jellytot
03-10-2008, 08:50 AM
i agree with others, if you have a notice period he should pay for that time.

berkschick
03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Are the childcare fees funded by the college and been paid a term in advance??

If so, any refund belongs to the people that paid it and not the Dad. But you should still ask for 4 weeks notice.

If Dad has paid then I would insist on 4 weeks notice for change of contract and not refund for Octobers hours.

emmadines
03-10-2008, 09:34 AM
4 weeks notice! keep the money

emmadines
03-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Are the childcare fees funded by the college and been paid a term in advance??

If so, any refund belongs to the people that paid it and not the Dad. But you should still ask for 4 weeks notice.

If Dad has paid then I would insist on 4 weeks notice for change of contract and not refund for Octobers hours.

so that would be down to dad sorting that out not Nettynoo! would it???

Nettynoo
03-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanx you lovely ladies!!!!
That's the compromise I had come up with in my head whilst drowning out the noise at toddler group!!!!! He has paid the months fee out of his own pocket so I will not have to worry about returning any to Uni etc!!!
Thanx again and have a great weekend!!!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I would say that he had booked the place and that he could change the contract after the notice period

What a pain in the neck - how did he manage to get into uni?????

Gherkin
12-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Ditto I think go for the 4 weeks notice and then he can change hours.

Parents just do not seem to see us as being business people and think they can take the pee.

Chimps Childminding
12-10-2008, 04:21 PM
I agree with everyone else!!!!!!!:thumbsup: