PDA

View Full Version : SEF - anyone printed theirs out?

Pauline
03-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Printed out my SEF so that I had a hard copy.

Has anyone else done theirs? I noticed that sometimes the information in the box above where I'd actually typed it.

It's almost as if the print out is not the same as the one you work on on the computer :panic:

Hard to explain but some of the headings seem to have moved to below the answers!

sarah707
03-10-2008, 07:22 AM
I can't get on there yet!:rolleyes:

They are re-setting my information today and sending me details in the post

Minnie mouse
03-10-2008, 07:52 AM
I printed mine off yesterday to complete. ive not even looked at the paper copy its too scary i dont have a clue where to start. Im a mum and childminder not a brain surgeon! and i definatley ffel like i need to be on the same level as a brain surgeon! x

squiggle
03-10-2008, 07:55 AM
i started mine yesterday - did the bits i could and left the rest till another day lol

Jen x

Minnie mouse
03-10-2008, 08:00 AM
I havent even received anything from ofsted to tell me about the sef. i only heard about it on here. i dont want to ring ofsted and ask about it as im sure theyl end up coming to inspect me, as ive not had inspection since i had my baby. x

miss muffit
03-10-2008, 08:06 AM
I phoned ofsted and asked for a paper copy ....

it saves on my printer ink!! :eek

mind you i had a look and put it straight back in the envolope lol!!!

Bella
03-10-2008, 12:06 PM
YES - mine has come out in the wrong boxes when I printed it , don't know what we can do about it apart from tell the big O

donnahay0
03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes printed mine and won't bother again. It came out very squashed up and not at all like it looks on screen. It makes it harder to read.

I printed off a copy from my hard drive and shall do that in the future.

Also think if we make any edits once we have completed our original we cannot add in information that we might want noted for example a note to say we have now completed something we had planned to do.

mum2two
03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Yes. Printed hubby's out last night, as only submitted at 11pm last night, ready for inspection today!

Didn't even look at it really, just wanted to be able to give it to the inspector in case she hadn't seen it, but she'd had a pop up on her computer at 11.02pm last night saying it had been submitted!

Kelly x

Pauline
03-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Also think if we make any edits once we have completed our original we cannot add in information that we might want noted for example a note to say we have now completed something we had planned to do.

You can't change the one you have submitted but I hope you can call it up to use as the base for the next one add the changes, and like you say, make a note of what you have completed, then submit it again as a new one! (Thus replacing the earlier one)

That is what I was hoping to do anyway, I will go mad if I have to re-type it from scratch everytime :panic:

Nicki L
03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I am really bad - i havent even looked at the sef yet. I know i should really start it and update as i adapt but i havent got round to it.

brillminder
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
more problems not looked yet!

Cammie Doodle
04-10-2008, 08:11 AM
You can't change the one you have submitted but I hope you can call it up to use as the base for the next one add the changes, and like you say, make a note of what you have completed, then submit it again as a new one! (Thus replacing the earlier one)

That is what I was hoping to do anyway, I will go mad if I have to re-type it from scratch everytime :panic:

Oh God Pauline, I thought you could go on and update as and when required:eek:

Pauline
04-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Oh God Pauline, I thought you could go on and update as and when required:eek:

You should be able to, well that was my take on it - I won't be happy if you can't!!

:panic:

Pauline
04-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Phew, it's ok June, just checked it all out, we can get the old one back and add information. :)

After submitting it you can't get it back but you can click 'New SEF', it then brings up a box which gives you these options:

Please note that creating a new SEF will overwrite your current saved version, if one exists. Please click Cancel if you do not wish to lose this data.

To create a new SEF that is pre-populated with the answers from your last submitted form please click Create SEF from Submitted.

To create a blank new SEF please click Create Blank SEF.

I clicked the "create SEF from submitted" and it opened up what I had submitted. I then saved it and it is now ready for me to add any changes, as and when they occur. Then I will submit it again.

Then begin the process all over again :rolleyes:

haribo
04-10-2008, 04:58 PM
yes ive just finished mine and printed it out-had to as getting inspected on mon and didnt have much choice. it came out fine and ive just put it in a display folder. im going to make sure she reads it after all that work!!

Pauline
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
yes ive just finished mine and printed it out-had to as getting inspected on mon and didnt have much choice. it came out fine and ive just put it in a display folder. im going to make sure she reads it after all that work!!

and are all the headings in the right place?

Also, when I wrote mine I did paragraphs, bullet points and all sorts, but when it printed out it was all in one long line :(

donnahay0
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
To create a new SEF that is pre-populated with the answers from your last submitted form please click Create SEF from Submitted.

To create a blank new SEF please click Create Blank SEF.

I clicked the "create SEF from submitted" and it opened up what I had submitted. I then saved it and it is now ready for me to add any changes, as and when they occur. Then I will submit it again.

Thats good to know - thanks for that Pauline.

haribo
04-10-2008, 09:07 PM
pauline yes all was were it should be ,ive just asked hubby why yours might not have come out right and he said when you go to print it go to printer properties and it will say click to size so you click a4 hope this helps x

Pauline
05-10-2008, 08:46 AM
pauline yes all was were it should be ,ive just asked hubby why yours might not have come out right and he said when you go to print it go to printer properties and it will say click to size so you click a4 hope this helps x

Thanks for that. It's not the size that is the problem, it is the headings.

You really have to look carefully to spot that some of them, on the later pages are not above the box, but below - I think "how do you keep children safe" was one of them, but I will check.

It's not a problem, but it just shows that the base form has not been properly checked by whoever created it.

Pipsqueak
05-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Think my other thread got lost - has anyone got a blank SEF they can let me have a copy of please. The stupid site won't let me on grrrrr