PDA

View Full Version : Parents!...arrrrggggghhhh!

jmoff
15-01-2008, 06:03 PM
must offload here, sorry....!!!

Have a boy who started last week and on his 4th day his mum sent me a txt saying she was gonna be an hour late because she was having her hair extensions done.Then another text that she was gonna be even later and turned up 2 hours late!She was quite apologetic though...

Anyway, this morning she said she would be 15 min late, I said that's fine...meant to be here 5.30pm , I got a text from her 5.40pm asking if her husband had picked up her son, I said "no, but could you please let me know if you are gonna be late next time!" , then they turned up at 5.50pm! No sorry, nothing.AAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh hhhhhhh!:angry:

Had to offload here, sorry...feeling a bit better now!

Thanks
Jana

Had to offload...feeling much better now!

Alak123
15-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi Jana

I sooo sympathise with you, I have had a crap day due too the parents:angry: ( Strange its never the mindee that make us this angry).

Parents reason for being late was shocking.. I mean hair extensions, at least she was honest, however she must have known when she booked the hair appointment that hair extentions could take a while..(not that I have hair ext but I read enough mags to know the WAGS sit in hairdressers for 6 to 10 hours at a time.

Hope you have a late fee policy in your contract that should learn them an early lesson and not to do it again.:panic:

You should get loads of good advice here, I just wanted to let you know I am on your side.

Cheers
Alak:jump for joy:

Blaze
15-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Make sure you charge for the extra time! Do you have a clause in your fees policy that states late collection X amount of times will incur an extra fee. I state that if a child is collected more than 20 mins late 3 or more times in a 2 week period a £20 fee will be charged in addition to the extra time being billed & if the time goes past 6pm then it will be charged at unsocial rates...unless arranged by mutual agreement at least 24 hours beforehand! I also remind parents of my obligation to inform social services if they cannot be contacted etc...
Tasha:)

Trouble
15-01-2008, 06:20 PM
hope you are charging them a late payment fee for being late :thumbsup:

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Crikey poor you - wonder what mom would say if you were out when she arrived with her child ? It boils down to the same thing really what a cheek

I would charge her late fees if you do not want to do that then tell her you have let her off this week but next week you are going to have to start charging

Good luck

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
15-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Agree about charging for late fees!! I charge £1.50 per 1/4 hour late :D never late now hehe

Maybe you need to sit back down and change contract hours, seeing as she's been so late already

jmoff
15-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks every1 !I will charge her and have told her! She said she didnt mind paying extra. and that she was sorry..Nice!

Hopefully it won't happen too often; i makes me angry!

Thank you

Jana x

Minnie Minx
15-01-2008, 07:03 PM
well if it were me i would increase the late charge everyday she's late, say for example she's late twice in one week the second charge would be higher, it will make her think twice about being late again ;)

xxx

chubbymummy
15-01-2008, 08:54 PM
must offload here, sorry....!!!

Have a boy who started last week and on his 4th day his mum sent me a txt saying she was gonna be an hour late because she was having her hair extensions done.Then another text that she was gonna be even later and turned up 2 hours late!

the poor little boy

new to the setting.......his 4th birthday away from mum who's having hair extensions on his special day........then for her to pick him up 2 hours later

that makes me mad!!!!!!:angry: :angry:

i thought one of my parents was bad enough sending her son to me on his 1st birthday when he was full of cold AND it wasn't even his contracted day!!!!!!!:angry:
she did say that he would'nt know as he was to little!!!!!

poor kids

Tily Bud
15-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Myself and Hazel have been having quite a bit of this lately :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: