PDA

View Full Version : Minding for another baby. Am I MAD!!!!

sarah32
15-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Ive just had a phone call for a 6 month old, not to start till March as she will be going back to work. Lucky really as the little boy I mind isnt 1 until March.

She said she hasnt confirmed her hours yet with work as she wants to go back full time and by the sound of it they want her to back full time.

I said would be fine but needs to ring me back next month and then we'll arrange for a visit.

Now I've thought about it, am I mad, I'll have a 12 months and 6 month old baby. I dont know if I will cope. Did I mention im a big worrier.:eek: :eek:

I was looking for some after school children but Ive had nothing, I think I live in the wrong area. The only enquiries Ive had in the last couple of months have been babies and Ive not been able to take them.

What does everyone think, what ages do you all childmind????

Sarah

chubbymummy
15-01-2008, 04:21 PM
i had the same age difference between two of mine

one was just one when the six month old started

i had some days when i thought i must be mad but most of the time it was great

it still is now, the one year old is nearly two now and they interact with each other really well for their age

when i had off days i just kept thinking that they would grow up soon!!!!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
15-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi

Try not to worry you will be fine I look after 3 - 2 are 16 months old and 1 is 18 months old it is hard work but you get used to it in the end and then I have a 3 year old.

Good luck.

Love

Lorraine xx

Minnie Minx
15-01-2008, 04:46 PM
aww just think of the little rewarding things, like the cute smile, baby smell, dirty nappies, teething (oh sorry wrong things lol).

I'm sure you'll be fine, as the others have said it will be hard work but really rewarding. Try not to worry about it and enjoy next month lol

xxx

manjay
15-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm the opposite. I have after schoolers but am desperate for a baby!

I too have had an enquiry today for a 6 month old, only 2 days a week but that is fine with me.

Good luck

amanda xx

Alak123
15-01-2008, 05:16 PM
You will be fine.:)

I have a 11month old mindee and can't find anymore mindees in my area, not for the want of trying.

I am sure one post said they would be good company for each other, I defo agree with that and probably make your job easier on the whole.

Hope it all works out.

Just out of interest what sort of things do you do with the mindee you have just now to pass the day, I sometimes find the day goes in forever.

Good Luck hope all works out for you.:clapping:

squiggle
15-01-2008, 05:29 PM
You will be fine. last september i had my daughter who was 20 months, a full time mindee who was 12 months and a 7 month old. it was hard work but has definatley got easier as they have got older. i have now got another baby starting so i have got one full timer and 2 younger ones who do two days each.

luckily they all eat lunch at 12 and tea at half four which definatley helps.

getting out and about is easier as they get older too, especially now my daughter will walk holding onto the tandem pushchair or will go in a buggy pod when she is tried.

Good Luck :)

Jen x

sarah32
15-01-2008, 05:42 PM
sometimes the days can be long, he' s 10 months old, wont go on his front so hasnt even attempted to crawl, will walk around the room holding your hands and thats all he wants to do.

I tried painting with him and he screamed, didnt like the paint on his hands.

Ive done blowing bubbles, he loves that, trying to catch them.

I spend most of my time with him on the floor just playing with different toys. I made him a treasure basket which he does like. loves the measuring cups.

I think it would be good for him to have another child in the day as my two are at school. He loves watching kids playing.

Its been an hard day with him today and makes me think it might be too much, Im still undecided.

buildingblocks
15-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I have always said I would rather have a room full of under 1's than a room full of two year olds lol. I personally think it will be great but that is because I love babies.I also like to get them in young much easier to get them into your way of thinking then a three year old set in their (parents) ways.

jmoff
15-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I think you will be fine...I agree with Sarah, it's nicer when they are smaller.I have a 2 year old , my daughter is 14m and have a 12m old 3 days.I prefer having the two one year olds!Even though it can be hard work.

Good luck...it's nice to be wanted though, isnt it?!

Jana x

ajs
15-01-2008, 06:17 PM
last year i had 3 under 2 at any one time ranging from 5 weeks to 20 months but now they are 5m 14m and 18m as i lost the 2 year old at xmas

it is hard work but doable just get a good double buggy and get out the house loads

my own daughters are 17 months apart so i am used to it

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 06:19 PM
The 2 babies I mind have the same age difference it is nice

Good luck

Angel xx

mummyspice
15-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I used to mind 2 babies together and it was fine:)
Starting again in feb with my own 10 month old , a 9 month old and her nearly 3 yr old sister-just need to be in a good routine:)

manjay
15-01-2008, 10:35 PM
I have had an enquiry today for a six month old! If it works out I think it will be really good for my son (20 months) as he has such a fascination with babies. My idea is to get him used to be around a baby all the time so he doesn't try to cuddle (well more like charge at) every baby we see!!

amanda xx

charleyfarley
15-01-2008, 10:39 PM
I had a 6 month old when Charley was 1 and they were so close, it was lovely watching them. You will cope as it does get easier.

At the moment I have Mitchell 2 years

mindee 2 1/2 years

mindee 16 months

The only thing I find hard, not really hard but a pain is getting them in and out of the car, sooooo time consuming

I know you will be fine with the 2 of them

Carol xx

miffy
15-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine and they will be lovely company for each other as they get older.

Good luck with the 6month old Amanda

Miffy xx