PDA

View Full Version : what happens if you have

gailee
02-10-2008, 09:39 AM
what happens if you have cross over from one child leaving and 1 coming which makes you over your limit are there any le way ?? if a parent is late picking up or dropping off abit early ???

eg i have 2 children here already all day (under5) and 1 comes in morning p/t then leaves in the afternoon but i have 1 child (under 5) comes in the afternoon and this is where i have a clash of my limit is it ok??? are you allowed for a slight lapse? or do i need to ask ofsted to allow it ? or do i need to tell parents about timekeeping??? I know that it can't be helped if your late (traffic, late leaving work) i hope you understand??? any help would be great thanks Gailx

SARAHW26
02-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi Gailee
You need to apply for a variation in your registration with Ofsted for you to do that,as you are breaking your conidtions of registration otherwise. I would also advise your parents what is happening aswell, so they are not late, although I know it can't be helped some times.

Sarah

katickles
02-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Yeah just inform Ofsted of the situation & ask for a variation of say an hour to allow any delays that may happen.

You shoukd be fine with the varation request :)

sarah707
02-10-2008, 10:02 AM
You need to ask for a variation in case it happens.

You are working illegally and uninsured for any cross over period.

Don't mind both children until you have got your variation in your hand just in case.

gailee
06-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I've phoned ofsted hopefully phone me back ?? Do you think they will allow it??? the hour variation?? if not i have to cancel a child?? which i don't really want to do?? The parents really want the child to come here because i already have 2 polish children here and she thinks that the child would settle more with children speaking his language???

Bushpig
06-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Definately mention the language issue with OFSTED!
I hope you get it :)

gailee
06-10-2008, 05:22 PM
well ofsted didn't phone again? Thats the second day now they've not phoned back??? :panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
06-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Get back on the phone to Ofsted and don't let them take a message.

Explain that it is urgent and that you need to speak to an Inspector or Area Manager NOW.

Be persistent and get past the helpline and you should be okay

personally, I send an email and they usually come back to me in 24 hours

gailee
06-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks i've sent a email hopefully there'll get back to me soon?

Pudding Girl
06-10-2008, 08:11 PM
How long is this crossover? If it's only about 5-10 mins Could you tell a parent to hang on until the other turns up as you legally cannot have the child as over numbers, therefore they are taking responsibility? Hopefully the resulting glares they'll get off them for keeping them back and making them late will be enough to put a stop to it? ;)

gailee
07-10-2008, 08:33 PM
well ofsted phoned they said NO to the hour variation :( So i've told the parents and i've found them another minder and they've texted tonight there going to her?

Jules27
07-10-2008, 08:52 PM
really sorry, can't believe they wouldn't grant a variation for an hour a week!!!madness!!!!!!:(

Bushpig
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh dear, that is just crazy, sorry! :(

angeldelight
07-10-2008, 10:03 PM
That is crazy what a shame

Angel xx

charleyfarley
07-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh my gosh I can't believe Ofsted sometimes:eek:

It was only for an hour, can't understand why they didn't say yes

What a shame you are now losing the lo