PDA

View Full Version : sick mindees???

emmadines
02-10-2008, 07:32 AM
I had a phone call this morning (well several as the phone was on low!:blush: ) mindee e was sick twice last night last time being sick was about 4 am.

obviously she cant come today but I said tomorrow will be fine (as longs as shes not sick again durig today or tonight)

that should belong enough shouldnt it?

sarah707
02-10-2008, 07:35 AM
It's 48 hours from last sickness bout...

So you've got the rest of the week off! :D

Hope she feels better soon x

scottie
02-10-2008, 07:36 AM
i think so :thumbsup:

Pedagog
02-10-2008, 08:32 AM
48 hours is the recommendation

jackie_5
02-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I had a phone call this morning (well several as the phone was on low!:blush: ) mindee e was sick twice last night last time being sick was about 4 am.

obviously she cant come today but I said tomorrow will be fine (as longs as shes not sick again durig today or tonight)

that should belong enough shouldnt it?

http://www.hpa.org.uk/ look on this web site its the health protection agency - search for guidance on infection in child care settings, and you can print of a whole list - which may come in handy if you need to show parents that it is 48hrs - we had a sickness bug at school, and their rule is 48 hrs.

Twinkles
02-10-2008, 11:38 AM
http://www.hpa.org.uk/ look on this web site its the health protection agency - search for guidance on infection in child care settings, and you can print of a whole list - which may come in handy if you need to show parents that it is 48hrs - we had a sickness bug at school, and their rule is 48 hrs.

Sorry kinda hijacking thread :blush:

I've just downloaded the guidance on infection control from this site and it says no exclusion for convunctivitis :eek:
I sent a child home yesterday with it and refused to have him today.....oops!

jellytot
02-10-2008, 12:03 PM
i always thought you had to exclude for conjunctivitus, as it can be caught by another person

emmadines
02-10-2008, 01:07 PM
oh I told the mum tomorrow would be fine if no sickness since 4am this morning?

as thats what I had been told originally. what should I do now?

Twinkles
02-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I will have them back after 24hrs. I guess you just have to decide what your policy is.

Pudding Girl
02-10-2008, 02:12 PM
tbh although it's 48 hours you'l find if kids were going to get it, it's before any symptoms appear that it's usually contagious, so they'll get it anyway if they are going to.

I do use the 48hrs ( occasionally 24) depending on parents circs, who else i have got, and if they are the last to get it iyswim? so can't really pass it to anyone else.

As long as they are well in themselves, eating fine, happy etc and not pooping or vomming everywhere I would have them back 24 hrs.

emmadines
02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
tbh although it's 48 hours you'l find if kids were going to get it, it's before any symptoms appear that it's usually contagious, so they'll get it anyway if they are going to.

I do use the 48hrs ( occasionally 24) depending on parents circs, who else i have got, and if they are the last to get it iyswim? so can't really pass it to anyone else.

As long as they are well in themselves, eating fine, happy etc and not pooping or vomming everywhere I would have them back 24 hrs.

thats what ive told her

kiddiwinks
02-10-2008, 03:50 PM
You were right to send child home if it had not been treated, my son was sent home from school but was allowed back next day if i had prescription from docs to treat the same day.

miffy
02-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Sorry kinda hijacking thread :blush:

I've just downloaded the guidance on infection control from this site and it says no exclusion for convunctivitis :eek:
I sent a child home yesterday with it and refused to have him today.....oops!

I would have done the same Twinkles

And I agree it's 48hours exclusion for sickness

Miffy xx