PDA

View Full Version : no water

jellytot
01-10-2008, 04:30 PM
my mindees school closed today due to no water supply and it got me thinking if our houses were without water would we have to send mindees home as schools and playgroups do.

Mrs.L.C
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
We were hit recently with that water bug in the system so we couldnt use the water for 2 weeks unless boiled. but we were ok to stay open but had to buy bottled water so I assume you would have to do the same

Minstrel
01-10-2008, 04:36 PM
i guess if you couldnt drink it and bought bottled then thats fine but if you had no water at all then for health and safety you couldnt stay open as you have to provide hot water for handwashing and flushing toilets.

Mrs.L.C
01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
i guess if you couldnt drink it and bought bottled then thats fine but if you had no water at all then for health and safety you couldnt stay open as you have to provide hot water for handwashing and flushing toilets.

Good point. Id check on that one with Ofsted or environmental health or someone

crazybones
01-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I had this problem recently - we had no water for a few hours. I was ok with the lo's because none of them use the toilet but if it hadnt have come back on before the after schoolers I would have had to close. Luckily it came back on about 2pm.