PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Care

Minstrel
01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I am interested in providing overnight care as in my area it is apparently more sought after than day care at the mo!

Could anyone please give me advice as to what exactly i need to provide? obv. a bed but does it have to be in a spare room? i dont have an empty room but my eldest has bunk beds could they sleep on those? (son is on top one so mindee could go on bottom one)
Or if they need own room would i have to put my sons in together?

any advice at all about anything else would be appreciated! x

PaulaR
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
i would ring Ofsted and ask. I think they may need a room of their own

Nettynoo
01-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I was registered in July 2008 and when I had my pre-reg inspection, I was asked if I wanted to be registered for overnight care and I replied 'no, I don't have a spare room' and she said that you don't need one, just a travel cot/ readybed/ spare bed and clean bedding and towels!!!!
So, obviously, I registered but thankfully noone has required this yet as I am already working a 60 hour week!!!!!!
I would just double check though and give them a call to clarify as they do tend to change the goal posts every now and again!!!!
Good luck whatever you decide!!

Minstrel
02-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Thank you for the info. i havent had my pre reg visit yet (will have soon) and i think i will ask then. she can look at the set up of my home and advise from there.
i guess it would all depend on the age and sex of child too. i have 2 boys aged 4and 2 and obv an 11yo girl would have own room but maybe another 4 yo boy would like to share with my son?

cloud9
03-10-2008, 09:48 AM
It does depend on the age as to whether they need their own room but it is more about showing that you can give the child privacy. e.g when getting ready for bed etc.

Minstrel
03-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Thank you. i am keen to be able to offer this service so i will def look into all the options i can give and hopefully i will be allowed to do it x